scented cotton yarn

funnymom8

A while back there was alot of talk about the scented yarn, but I still can't find in stores. Has anyone found it anywheres? Has anyone used it and if so, how was it? I still would like some, I'm so curious how it is...........

I've never seen any scented straight from the store, but you can bag it up with some scented candles and that should give you the effect you want :)

The only downside is that the scent doesn't last that long, though...

• 5 months later...

I just found this thread while looking for something else....

I fell across the scented Sugar & Creme cotton yarn in Joann's a few days ago and just about went nuts. Just *being in* a Joann's store is an act of pure nerve on my part, given that perfumes, aromatics, and the like are usually migraine and/or respiratory spasm triggers for me, but to find out that a manufacturer is spiking yarn with a perfume is truly scary.

It doesn't just affect me if I'm working directly with that yarn; it affects me (and others like me) when I'm looking at nearby yarns, walking by that display rack, etc.

And if one manufacturer can do it, how many *other* hare-brained manufacturers might decide it's a good idea???

DCM

I accidentally purchased some at Joann's a few months ago. It was mixed in among the regular Sugar & Creme. I liked the color and didn't notice until I started working with it that it was scented. I really don't like the scent and my hands started to itch after working with it. I should have returned it.

• 1 month later...

Never heard of it, but I got a kit from annies attic with the baby doll and yarn to crochet a dress and blanket. The yarn that was in the kit had a nice flowery scent to it. I enjoyed working with it and the finished product still had the scent. They never put the name of the yarn on the wrapper so I kinda wonder what one it was.

I had forgotten about this. I saw some at a Joann's a while back and absolutely could not believe they are doing it! With all the asthmatics and allergic people in this world why on earth make it harder on us? To me the scent was not mild — it reeked. Unpleasantly. I know you didn't ask my two cents but this was over the top! And it was, of course, next to unscented yarn. Does the unscented pick that fragrance up? Call me a grump on this one. :2c:irk

Archived