Do you avoid housework to crochet?

lnj821

Do you avoid housework to crochet?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Do you avoid housework to crochet?

• Always... what is housework?
    • Often... I put it off until I can no longer stand the mess.
    • Sometimes... why do today what can be done tomorrow?
    • Rarely... housework comes first unless I'm in a hurry to get a project done.
    • Never... I can't enjoy crocheting if my house is not in perfect order.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Avoiding housework now as I type this. :lol

Actually I am doing some computer/office work, which is what I normally try to do on Mondays, however, I did some crocheting too...

cleaning has to be done yes, but I do make time to crochet, I am just so behind on projects....wayyy to much going on...

but yes, I have let the house work go for the day to get a crocheted project done especially if I have like 2-5 rows left to do. I'll finish crocheting it. :yes

All kidding aside, there are things I get done before crocheting. I like to complete our homeschool schedule and meals of course, but I do enjoy getting outside or crochet sometimes before tasks like cutting grass and dusting, even though the other should come first. I'm not a hoarder or anything! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

I choose sometimes. My house is not always picked up but I do try to keep fairly organized. Sometimes I'll crochet in the afternoon if I watch a show that I taped and then I will crochet again in the evening after dinner and into the night. But the laundry sits unfolded and the garbage needs to go out so like I said- the house is not picked up but manage it.

there was a time when i always did my dusting everyday, and everything had to be in its place .

but now i am older and wiser and the crocheting always wins :)

i dont live in a mess but the crocheting is my addiction;)

you mean there are people who DO housework everyday, HOLY COW are we supposed to do that? SHHHH dont tell my husband that!

i vote for always but i am like the others, i can only take so much clutter until it drives me nuts!

I tried rewarding myself with crochet time after cleaning LOL that didnt work out too well

Always.....:manyheart and I stay really late too if I know that I'm going to be starting a new project. The best thing for me is finishing a skein and starting a new one I feel like i hvae completed something.

The dusting can wait til forever, and I'm sorry if it grosses anyone out, but so can the bathroom, (or until I CANNOT STAND IT);) I actually usually crochet at work, or at the library on fridays, my home time is spent sleeping and watching tv/on the computer :goodorbad BTW, Happy early Thanksgiving! :tturkey :turkeydance

The dusting can wait til forever, and I'm sorry if it grosses anyone out, but so can the bathroom, (or until I CANNOT STAND IT);) I actually usually crochet at work, or at the library on fridays, my home time is spent sleeping and watching tv/on the computer :goodorbad BTW, Happy early Thanksgiving! :tturkey :turkeydance

I picked sometimes. I don't clean every day, but I try to spread the work out through the week so I am not stuck doing it all on the weekend. DH is a big help as we do share many of the chores to help us both out.

But I would rather crochet then do housework

• 3 weeks later...

I hate housework, but it bugs me to sit in a big mess and crochet. I will usually do a quick straighten and vaccuum then sit down with a cup of coffee to crochet (now that may be the only good looking room in the house). If I have procrastinated and am stressed to get a project finished...all bets are off. would I rather crochet than do housework...of course!!

I hate doing housework, and my hubby is so much better at doing it anyway! He always takes care of the bathrooms and does vacuuming and dusting. I take care of the kitchen and general putting things away. We each do our own laundry (we don't agree on the right way to do laundry...and I do not want him turning my off-white sweaters salmon color like he did his... so we compromised by doing our own).

I would much rather crochet, read, or write rather than do any housework. Unfortunately, things do need to get done.

• 2 weeks later...

My housework usually sits until I absolutely can't stand it anymore. But BF helps with the cleaning as does my son most of the time. They insist most of the time that since I work between 48-50 hours a week I shouldn't have to do much around the house.

I have to say that I agree. :lol

Of course that frees me up to do a lot of crocheting when I feel like it. Which is most of the time. :hook

Housework is an intrusion upon my inalienable right to crochet whenever and as long as I like.

(Our foremothers wrote that in their Bill of Rights.)

• 4 months later...

I have to say that I'm a Sometimes....

But,there are times when I am working on a new project, that I like to do the ABSOLUTELY necessary things before I sit to crochet because I get lost in my work, and lose total track of time.

Before starting a new crochet project, I pick up, dust and vacuum, just for peace of mind, I think. After I've chosen the pattern and the yarn, I just want to sit and concentrate on this new project without any interruptions. For an evening project, I'm satisfied if my little corner is neat, but If I'm starting on an afghan or a big doily, I just about do Spring Cleaning before I start.

I make sure the table near my chair is cleared off and waxed nice and shiny. I might just have a bag of M&M's hiding in my nearby crochet basket for an emergency snack if the pattern gets confusing and I need to stop and gather my thoughts. Chocolate helps concentration, ya know?

It's a good thing I get this done first, because once I start, there's no stopping for cleaning or cooking any decent meals until my project is done. I've stayed up till the wee hours, just to finish another row, too, which makes 'tomorrow' a real drag.

Once I'm in the middle of a project, the house can look like a tornado went thru until I do that last stitch... then it's back to housework.... yuk!

What a silly poll! :rofl:rofl:rofl

I was the second category down. I usually wait until I can't take it anymore, or until I have company coming and have no choice. If I ever have a ton of money, the FIRST thing I'm going to do is get a housekeeper!

Archived