Do you avoid housework to crochet?

lnj821

Do you avoid housework to crochet?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Do you avoid housework to crochet?

• Always... what is housework?
    • Often... I put it off until I can no longer stand the mess.
    • Sometimes... why do today what can be done tomorrow?
    • Rarely... housework comes first unless I'm in a hurry to get a project done.
    • Never... I can't enjoy crocheting if my house is not in perfect order.

I answered "often" - it drives my husband nuts. We have a list of what minimum cleaning he thinks & what I think needs to be done for the house to be "clean" - as in, can have people over. They are NOT the same things at all, but the bare minimums for him to be happy and for me to be happy. I try to get his bare minimums done before crocheting, reading, baking, sewing or gardening but........

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I only avoid houscleaning on days that end in Y.
:laughroll

Jimbo, you and I must be twins separated at birth!

Although I voted Always, it's only because I can't really do housework, or much of anything at all, really, due to severe fibromyalgia. I'm just glad I can crochet! It makes me happy to be doing something productive.

• 2 months later...

I can't stand to have stuff laying around not in its place! Especially since we are in a new house (to me, its the trailer my husband lived in when they first moved to Missouri.)

So I do my house work, then I crochet.

I pretty much put off EVERYthing so i can crochet :lol Once I start, I get in the zone and end up thinking "wow, where did the day go?" I'm a little obsessed... (it's also only myself and my boyfriend here, no kiddos or anything to worry about :P )

Definitely "Often" :hook

Sometimes on my days off I have to make it a game. Like:

"I have to pick up and put away 15 items before I can crochet again..."

or

"Set the alarm for 1/2 hour crochet, then laundry must be sorted and started before I pick it up again...."

or

"Every time I finish a square, 6 rows, etc., I will stop hooking until the next thing on my to do list is done."

:yes

NEVER :laughroll

I certainly do, but my house has to have a certain level of order, cleanliness, and tidiness or else I can't enjoy anything. I typically keep up with the housework so there is never anything that absolutely has to be done and I can generally crochet (or whatever else) when I want.

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes...I generally keep a clean house...and watching hoarders helps motivate me to keep my house clean and keep crocheting all the yarn that I bought for all of my multiple projects

• 3 months later...

I crochet all day long lol. I have 2 hours in the morning where I check out my websites (like here) then it's crocheting until probably about 1pm then I take an hour for lunch then I'm back at it until 4pm then I cook dinner. So see no time for chores haha. However, Wednesdays are dedicated to chores. I spend the majority of the day cleaning up, it's just my husband and I so it's never too crazy.

When I was younger and my kids were little my house was neat & tidy. Now that I have a hobby housework is secondary to that. I don't let it get disastrous but I do put housecleaning off as long as I can stand it.

I do anything that needs doing in the mornings. I live alone and have a

small home. It is not difficult to keep up. My afternoons and evenings are

for volunteer work and crocheting and knitting or whatever else I am

doing at the time.

I guess it just depends on the day and my mood. I like to crochet when I first get up, and then get some housework done, then crochet in the evening. I'd almost rather do anything rather than housework though.

• 1 month later...

It varies with me, but I always think get the housework done then reward yourself with things you want to do, computer, crocheting, tv, reading, scrapping, lunch out with friends. It is just hubby, Sadie Dog and I now so it seems there is less to do.

To me a clean house is a happy house. I can't stand clutter, messes, stuff like that. So I usually clean then crochet. :)

DITTO!!

Although I am exceptionally patient with the "clutter" or "mess" that my crocheting/knitting make!! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I guess being that it's just me and my DH we don't have messes to deal with. Things pretty much stay the same except for dishes and dusting. But I can Swiffer at warp speed to get to my crochet!

I like clean surroundings first then reward myself with crochet.

• 2 weeks later...
DITTO!!

Although I am exceptionally patient with the "clutter" or "mess" that my crocheting/knitting make!! :D

Same here! I will get so mad at my husband for clutter than I'll look at mine. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

I tell myself that crocheting is my reward to having the house picked up.. but then like others. my yarn tends to be the biggest mess since I usually have several skeins out at the time since I am usually doing 3 projects at a time and NEVER with the same yarn of course..

• 4 weeks later...

Let's see ... the choices are crochet or housework, crochet or housework? Crochet wins!

I try to get what little needs doing done first thing in the morning. Then I can enjoy my net time and my crochet with no stress.

• 2 months later...

I avoid housework to do ANYTHING - LOL! Actually, I have a running deal with myself - I only need to do half an hour of housework - I can actually get a lot done in that time - then I can do whatever I want. In half an hour I can make the bathroom or kitchen sparkle, or I can give a quick dust and polish to a couple of rooms, or pick up and hoover right through the flat. Dishes get done after every meal as much as possible, so that only takes a few minutes, and we leave them to drain so I never have to dry them with a towel - they just get put away quickly at the end of the day. :)

Occasionally I'll do a job that takes longer than half an hour, but those are few and far between, and I tend to do them when I'm feeling a bit moody sop I'll just crack on with it and get the job done as quickly as possible.

Archived