Do you avoid housework to crochet?

lnj821

Do you avoid housework to crochet?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Do you avoid housework to crochet?

• Always... what is housework?
    • Often... I put it off until I can no longer stand the mess.
    • Sometimes... why do today what can be done tomorrow?
    • Rarely... housework comes first unless I'm in a hurry to get a project done.
    • Never... I can't enjoy crocheting if my house is not in perfect order.

Do you avoid doing your household chores just so you can crochet?

I wanted to create this poll so I can know if I fit in with the majority or not. Lucky for me I have a husband that doesn't complain. I used to think my house was a complete disaster area until I saw the TV show "Hoarders" then I realized I wasn't as bad of a housekeeper as I thought I was :D

My answer is Often :hook

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

umm, i didn't vote, but i can honestly say, I don't like to sit and crochet, if I feel there are chores that need doing, I just can't enjoy it, so I guess my answer would be, my house is normallly in good order, so that I CAN crochet! lol It beats being the other way around, avoid crochet, to do HOUSEWORK, right!

I soooo try to get all i can get done as soon as i get up while i waite for coffe to brew. but there are days where I just get up.. start the coffee and I swear my project is callin me... I say.. well if i can get that done Then i can get the house done after lol!!!.

but I have realy realy trained myself to at least every morn while im in the kitchen to do coffee to Unload/Load the dishwasher.. Sweep quick. and Wipe counters down so at least the kitchen is done. then The rest of the house is the prob. lol. I been Slowly Training my kids to do the other stuff lol :). mom crochets while they vacume n dust lol

I voted for Often...but honestly depending on the day and the project, I am all of those choices...

When I saw the title of this thread I started laughing hard and read it outloud to my husband and said, "heck yeah!"

But truly, it really does depend on the day and the project...if I'm on a project that might not be going well but needs to be done, it's amazing how clean my house will become, but of course, if I'm in the zone on a particular project, I have to be reminded that dinner needs to be made, and oh by the way, dishes and laundry are stacking up...

In reality though, for the last 10 years, I have been trying to keep to a schedule of sorts so that I have time for both, without guilt...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...

But I would rather crochet over housework most days.

So now, I need to get my house in order, so I can get working on a couple of pending WIP's...thanks for the smile this morning.

I'm a 'sometimes'. If it weren't for DH I would be an 'often'. DH is good at doing dishes and laundry. He will get it all started and I'll put things away when done. It works out for us and I can't complain because he does alot more than some I know.

I said sometimes, But generally I like a clean house.

What I do though to encourage me to get my house clean faster is I reward myself with a row or 2 of crocheting between each room finished. It's amazing how fast I can get the house done this way. Nor do I feel too put upon for not being able to crochet because of the housework. It's a crazy way to do things, but it works for me.

What a stupid question~OF COURSE! ~smile~ (((((HUGS))))) sandi~I voted often

LOL! I kinda thought that myself as I was making the poll, but I really have enjoyed reading everyone's replies, so keep them coming! :hook

It depends on if I am working on something I want to do, or if I am on a deadline like to crank out recent bridal and baby afghans. Sometimes time wise I have to let housework slide so I can get what I need done.

Mostly I am not that rushed. Hubby is ok with the house being a tad messy. He says, "Give you a truck load of yarn and you are a happy hooker!"

:hug

It depends on if I am working on something I want to do, or if I am on a deadline like to crank out recent bridal and baby afghans. Sometimes time wise I have to let housework slide so I can get what I need done.

Mostly I am not that rushed. Hubby is ok with the house being a tad messy. He says, "Give you a truck load of yarn and you are a happy hooker!"

:hug

:lol

I voted rarely because I have such horrible allergies I have to sweep dust laundry what ever to keep dust and stuff down in here otherwise I get nothing done because I sit and sneeze all day and with cats I am constantly sweeping hair and my DH is a woodworker so there is constant saw dust being tracked from one end to the other.

I do alright with the housework, it's the working out that I have trouble with. I tried to make a deal with myself that couldn't crochet unless I'd done 30 minutes on the treadmill (trying to lose that last 15 pounds) but that only held for one day!:eek:laughroll

I'd have to say that I reward myself with crocheting after the housework is done. I do a little crocheting in the evenings after work, but most of it is done on the weekends. I get up early Saturday and get all my cleaning/housework done so that the rest of the weekend is mine to whatever I want.

I'd have to say that I reward myself with crocheting after the housework is done. I do a little crocheting in the evenings after work, but most of it is done on the weekends. I get up early Saturday and get all my cleaning/housework done so that the rest of the weekend is mine to whatever I want.

You're a better person than me...although I try hard to do work before play...but if I'm not careful, I never get around to crocheting...

My answer would have to be often...every so often I do get a burr up my @%** and go on a cleaning spree. :lol I'm also lucky to have a hubby that doen't really mind much.

Thanks for all of your replies. I'm glad I'm falling in with the majority. I can relate to most everyone except those who have to do the cleaning first.

I really do wish I had more self control and discipline...:sigh

On the other hand, I could die tomorrow, so I might as well enjoy today while I can... :rofl

Archived