Crochet Guy

suttonjp

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Joel, good thing to come out of the "closet" I think thats great. What did your wife think of taking the credit for your work, and you coming out so to speak?

Have a great time in Crochetville.

Welcome to Crochetville from an American living in Belgium!! I get the strangest looks for Crocheting in public here in Belgium - you see the funky scarves every where over here but no one crocheting or knitting....its like its only supposed to be done at home in the closet! Yay you for emerging into the light with the rest of us...easier to see your stiches now eh? :lol Happy Crocheting!

Welcome! It will be great having another guy here...and congrats on your "coming out" about your needlework. It is a beautiful art and meant to be shared. :hook

Isn't it funny, if you were a painter and set up your easel and were painting landscape, potraits, etc., no one would bat an eye. If you were to do flytying, model building, etc., no one would think anything of your talents.

But if a man picks up a crochet hook, knitting needles, or a tapestry needle all of a sudden it's "wrong"?

People need to get a life and realize that creating is creating no matter what the medium.

I just wish my husband would find some type of creative outlet.

• 2 months later...

Welcome to a fellow Sutton! :D Sutton is my maiden name; I wonder if we're related?

I love that you're a guy and you do this stuff openly! It makes me happy to see men not being afraid to do a hobby that is considered "girly". I am in a Knitting & Crochet Club here at my university, and we have 3 guys who knit &/or crochet! So awesome :)

Hi and Welcome!!:hiSo cool that you crochet and knit!! (can you please talk to my dh for me...I've been trying to convince him for years that it would be cool for us to crochet together...he calls it tying string in knots...I correct by saying it not tying string in knots, just pulling it into loops.):rolleyes

Welcome Suttonjp! I gotta tell ya, two of my grandsons have watched me crochet from birth and both of them crochet simple things. They are 9 and 11 and all boy! I'll have to tell them about you:clap:clap

Welcome, Crochet Guy! Have you seen the latest 'Knit 1' magazine? It is about 'Men Who Knit', and one of Crochetville members is interviewed in it, 'The Crochet Dude'!! I know about four guys who crochet. (Two of them are our sons.) :P And, these guys are ALL guy! Skiing, horseback riding, motorcycles... I think it's cool. My husband sometimes tries to crochet, but all he can make is a chain... :lol (I would teach him but I don't think he really wants to...)Welcome to the 'Ville! :manyheart

Tina

Archived