Crochet Guy

suttonjp

Hi,

I'm a new member and wanted to introduce myself. I've been doing crochet for more than 10 years now. I started out as a closet crocheter. Other than my immediate family, no one saw me crochet. My wife has received credit for gifts I made. I never told anyone she made the items, but I never denied it when people made that assumption. About a year ago, I started knitting and took the plunge, I brought my needles and hooks out of the closet and started working on my projects in public. I've been excited and encouraged by the positive responses.

I really enjoy working with fine thread and small hooks. I'm also very excited by the current trends in crochet. New fashions and modern "edgy" patterns and books that are coming out, and I look forward my passion for crochet with the rest of this group.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome :welcome from a fellow Crocheter :hook in Michigan.

Glad you decided to "go public" with your talents, I give you credit for working with thread, I have no patients for that!

Hi,

I'm a new member and wanted to introduce myself. I've been doing crochet for more than 10 years now. I started out as a closet crocheter. Other than my immediate family, no one saw me crochet. My wife has received credit for gifts I made. I never told anyone she made the items, but I never denied it when people made that assumption. About a year ago, I started knitting and took the plunge, I brought my needles and hooks out of the closet and started working on my projects in public. I've been excited and encouraged by the positive responses.

I really enjoy working with fine thread and small hooks. I'm also very excited by the current trends in crochet. New fashions and modern "edgy" patterns and books that are coming out, and I look forward my passion for crochet with the rest of this group.

Greetings from Alberta, Canada!!!! :welcome to Crochetville!! We are so glad that you came out of the crochet closet! There are a few guys on here that crochet and even knit. My dh actually knits and I signed up for the dishcloth swap and he is knitting a couple for me while I crochet. I know I am looking forward to seeing your fine WIPs and FO. :ty for joining our happy crocheting family :ghug

Had to laugh at your description of being a "closet" crocheter/knitter. I'm glad you're out, wouldn't want you to turn into a mushroom.

Welcome from the Great Southwest...New Mexico to be exact! I haven't been here long...but have been having a great time!

Archived