Brittany's Bridal afghan

Elvee

I made this for my new niece (!!!) who married my favorite nephew Zac. It looks blue in the photos but was really purple! I couldn't resist showing a photo at their wedding!

:hug

post-1720-13589759174_thumb.jpg

post-1720-135897591744_thumb.jpg

post-1720-135897591747_thumb.jpg

post-1720-13589759175_thumb.jpg

Zac was in Iraq and when he came home he came into Walmart to see me. I work in the Deli. I looked up and saw him there and started crying. Ran around the counter and hugged him. He got BIG in Iraq. He was in the National Guard Maintenance unit and they spent their off time working out.

A lady I work with said, "Who is that?!!" I said, "My sweet baby!" He always was and still answers to that in a very deep voice now. lol. He's my favorite always was such and open, loving boy.

I can't believe he's grown and married!!! My sweet baby went and got me a girl!!!

They have been together 4 years and are only 21. The separation was hard on them. They got through it. Zac is heading back to Iraq again (don't know the exact date) with his BIL Zack and his little brother Will. That will be a very trying Time!! 3 in the family gone! They want to go together.

He is a hero! But look at all he has to come home to!

:yes

A beautiful afghan and a beautiful couple.

The colors are so bright and cheerful.

One day somebody (smarter than me) is going to finally figure out the solution to weaving in all those ends. And that somebody who is smarter than me is going to become much richer than me from grateful crocheters & knitters the world over. :hook

But in the meantime, here in the real world, we can appreciate all the love you poured into your nephew and new niece's beautiful colorful wedding gift. Fabulous! :manyheart

They have been together 4 years and are only 21. The separation was hard on them. They got through it. Zac is heading back to Iraq again (don't know the exact date) with his BIL Zack and his little brother Will. That will be a very trying Time!! 3 in the family gone! They want to go together.

He is a hero! But look at all he has to come home to!

:yes

Elvee I just re-read the posts and read how Zac had been in Iraq and will be going back with 2 other young men from your family. That truly makes your entire family my heroes. I wish I could have seen your reunion in the Walmart!

My own beloved son-in-law will be deployed (as part of the "clean up" as the US is pulling out) with the National Guard next year. Our first grandchild will be born a short time before his deployment, and then he will be gone for a whole year.

These separations are awful, but praise the Lord for all of these wonderful brave heroic warriors for our country, AND praise God for their families who raised them to be such patriotic citizens and then faithfully wait for their return.

Zac has such a beautiful young wife to come home to, and the smiles on their faces say it all. :yay

With much Love and Respect,

The next time you see Zac. Thank him for serving our Country and keeping us safe. My DH is in the National Guard and he is my hero.

Segi1974 - You and your husband are my heroes as well. I don't know if you two have any children yet or not, but I sure hope you do, because you are the role models our country needs.

With Much Love and Respect for BOTH of your service to our beloved America, :hug

The afghan made me smile, then whistle when I saw how intricate it was. The story made me tear up, and the bride and groom are quite the cute couple! Please, may I have the pattern or a link to where you got it?

It is the January afghan in "A Year Of Afghans Book 14". It wasn't hard to do at all, I would do one panel at a time. Lots of ends, though!!!

Zac told me, "Oh, no, Aunt Lorry, that is to much work!" lol. Brittany wrote on her thank you card, "Less than one week until I am really your niece." I gave it to her at her shower told Zac "My sweet baby went and got me a girl!'' He said, "I sure did!

I was a labor of love..

Archived