Hobby Lobby YEAH!!!!!

Tampa Doll

Sitting here reading the post in C'ville and I hear behind me. "OH NO, I better hide this."

I look over and it is a big add for Hobby Lobby. Tomorrow, Nov. 1 is the opening day. It is in the county above me, but what the heck, I hope to make a trip up anyway, maybe not tomorrow, but very soon.

YEAH finally a, hopefully, half way decient craft store.

:cheer:clap:woo:jumpyay:fame:2rock:yay

we may never see tampa guy/doll again! i know i can EASILY spend 3 hours in there just droolin over the yarn!

You will love it there. We were one of the first ones to get an HL when our Venture closed and I have spent way too much time and Money there. Enjoy!

:manyheart

Take your credit card or checkbook but not hubby, they get bored.

However, if you take the hubby too and he takes a book as back up, he can also use a coupon and you can double your savings and fun. Be sure to share your experience. I'm in the process of gather some of the Christmas y ILTY to take to the friend who taught me to crochet oh so many years ago. Where she lives there is no HL so I thought it would be a nice thank you gift for her putting up with me for four days. :lol

I was just in my local HL today, and would you believe I didn't buy any yarn?? Tampa Doll, I don't know if the same prices apply, but I love this cotton is on sale this week $2.44. take advantage of the grand opening sales, because the don't stay that way.

lots of yarn to drool over and pet:c9:c9

I have to plan a trip to our HL in Easton, Pa. I think Jim is happy that it is an hour away or I would be spending alot of time in there. Jim walks around, while I drool and pet the yarn. It is worth the trip and like the others say, take you check book and credit card with you. Enjoy

Well they opened on Monday and I will be going on Friday.

I have mapped out what I am looking for. Dh wants to see the store also. I am sure I will be in the store by myself after a while. I have my 40% off coupon in my pocketbook and I am checking the add for sale prices.:shop

I couldn't believe it when I saw that they did not open on Sunday. You would think they would be their busiest days? :shrugOh well, go figure.

Maybe I should pack a lunch?:think

On good thing is I get to eat breakfast out. This does not happen often. I will let you know about my first trip. Tampa Guy was wondering if he will get into trouble taking :photopictures of me in the store.:rofl

I think that it's actually nice to see a store that is closed on Sundays. When I was a kid all stores and gas stations were closed on Sundays.

Doreen

Ah yes, I also grew up with what they called the Blue Laws. I think the only thing open was the grocery stores.:hook

I was at the one in Easton about 6 weeks ago and now have a new place to visit with my Mom when I'm in suburban Philly. I loved it and she was fascinated seeing items not found in other craft stores on the east coast. The last time I was in one was when we took my stepdaughter to school in Idaho and we visited one just outside Salt Lake City. I hope they bring one to southeast Virginia soon! :lol

I have to plan a trip to our HL in Easton, Pa. I think Jim is happy that it is an hour away or I would be spending alot of time in there. Jim walks around, while I drool and pet the yarn. It is worth the trip and like the others say, take you check book and credit card with you. Enjoy

Can't wait to hear all about your trip to HL, Mary Jo!

I've only been once to the one in Easton PA like segi1974 and msmusic and like them, it's about an hour away from me. Wish they would open one closer in NJ!!! Which reminds me, I've got some ILTC in Christmas colors in my stash that is crying out to be used Guess I'd better get started on something with it!

Here is pictures and a little about my experience with HL

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=121499

I am hoping that the next time I go, the store will be all put together. I must admit, the sales people were very helpful and I could find one. That is a novelty, especially if you go to Michaels.

I do plan to go back again, but not for a while. Later today I will be adding pictures of what I bought.:hook

Tampa Guy actually got pictures inside the store. Infact, some of the sales girls were willing to have their pictures taken.:yes

Archived