Mori.rhode

Hi everybody

This is Mori.. Stopping in to say hi to everyone.. Yes I am brand new and honestly at a stand still with crochet.. I have never had anyone teach me and so it takes a little to push past the "Newbie" stuff.. I am a little better than that.. but NOT A LOT... I would appreciate any pointers or some one to kick me in the behind to go that step further.. :-)

Howdy from Oklahoma Mori

Welcome to Crochetville

Mori Welcome to Crochetville. What pushed me to start crocheting again was all my nieces and nephews are having babies. I was making trim on bobby socks for the girls then this year I started baby blankets for the two that's expected beginning of next year then I found a hat book I liked and thought I can do that the list keeps going of projects I want to do for my family

Thanks guys.. I have done a few blankets and afghans.. I think I have perfect the plain stitches.. with hats and fingerless gloves.. any words of wisdom for adding different stitches? I can use all basic stitches.. Just not from going from one stitch to another which I think would look awesome in some gloves and blankets..

Hi:hi and welcome:welcome from the West Coast of Florida

Hi Mori, welcome to Crochetville, hope you love it in the community!

I started out making the beaded socks, then i printed out a sheet with pictures of the stitches and i did a lot of pulling it all out and starting over, BUT it just takes practice! When you look for a pattern look for one that is not 2 pages long, just something simple you can get the hang of and finish quick, its a real confidence booster, plus its not overwhelming!

There are some pretty easy ones i started out will i will try to PM them to you :) I had to teach myself over seas ALONE lol and did not know about this forum :)

Hiya and :welcome to the group - from Ontario, Canada! :crocheting

:welcome to the Ville! We're glad you're here :hook

Hello,welcome to Crochetville