snowflake afghan

Afghaniac

I'm pretty sure you're the one whose photo of your snowflake afghan inspired me to finally get around to making it. Like so many here, I had it on my WIM list for several years. Now I don't know who will be the recipient of it, but it was fun to make.

I don't mind sewing motifs together, because motif afghans are my favorite thing to make and I'm pretty used to it, but this one was a little harder because of the dark color. And, actually, I had quite a a lot of them sewed together before I decided to undo many of them and change the layout! Redoing sewing is even more odious than the sewing because I often forget which ends I started and ended.

Anyway, thank you for the inspiration!

You're welcome...and I sure hear you on undoing what you've sewed together. I always find it so hard to tell which yarn is the one I sewed with, and which yarns belong to the crochet stitches. I've made more than a few holes in things, "unsewing" them.

This is beautiful! I'm so jealous. I've always wanted to make one too, but I don't have the patience to make so many of the same square/hex. Can you say lazy?

This is beautiful! I'm so jealous. I've always wanted to make one too, but I don't have the patience to make so many of the same square/hex. Can you say lazy?

I think that's funny, because for me making a one-piece afghan seems like harder work. I like the feeling of completion every time I finish a motif.

Thanks, everybody! My thanks go to the smart and creative person who figured out how to make those snowflakes look so real and to come up with such a simple, but fitting edging for the whole thing. It's a very satisfying project, and I still haven't figured out who the afghan will go to. Probably into my Project Linus pile.

Archived