snowflake afghan

Afghaniac

Someone here -- sorry I can't remember who -- posted such a great photo of her snowflake afghan that I was inspired to finally make one. I'd had the pattern as a WIM for several years, but sometimes a good photo is the trigger that gets a project going. This is the pattern: http://www.artoftangle.com/snowflake.htm, and I'm posting pictures of my completed project.

The edging, which looks like fluffy little snowballs was the nice surprise to me. It was so simple to make and so effective that I'm going to keep it in my file of borders to reuse.

For anyone inclined to make the pattern, I changed the layout of the hexagons so that the edges wouldn't be as "floppy," by placing them all in the shape of a large hexagon in this order from left strip to right strip: 4-5-6-7-6-5-4.

post-1473-135897590086_thumb.jpg

post-1473-13589759009_thumb.jpg

Your Snowflake Afghan is gorgeous! I love how you put it together. :cheer:cheer:cheer Work as beautiful as this, deserves 3 cheers! Great job!

its beautiful. I to am one of those that have been eyeing the pattern for so long I think I even have it in kit form or I bought the yarn to do it and well sadly its still waiting to be made this may be the push or shove I need to get going on it :)

I've made this afghan (with red background for my niece) and I just love what you've done with it regarding the layout. It is a simple motif to make and I agree, it's so striking in person. Guess it's time to make another one! :lol

Your afghan is just beautiful. I like the way you changed the shape and wish I'd thought of it when I made mine.

I finished an afghan from this pattern earlier this year. (it took me several years to actually finish it, because I dislike sewing things together.)

Your afghan is just beautiful. I like the way you changed the shape and wish I'd thought of it when I made mine.

I finished an afghan from this pattern earlier this year. (it took me several years to actually finish it, because I dislike sewing things together.)

I'm pretty sure you're the one whose photo of your snowflake afghan inspired me to finally get around to making it. Like so many here, I had it on my WIM list for several years. Now I don't know who will be the recipient of it, but it was fun to make.

I don't mind sewing motifs together, because motif afghans are my favorite thing to make and I'm pretty used to it, but this one was a little harder because of the dark color. And, actually, I had quite a a lot of them sewed together before I decided to undo many of them and change the layout! Redoing sewing is even more odious than the sewing because I often forget which ends I started and ended.

Anyway, thank you for the inspiration!

Archived