Interweave Crochet Accessories 2010 - special issue

Craftonite

Has anyone picked this up yet?

http://www.interweavestore.com/Crochet/Interweave-Crochet-Magazines/Crochet-Accessories-2010.html

There's a preview on the web site, and a lot of the projects look really cute (although I have to say that I won't be making the scarf on the cover.)

If you have this, I'd be interested in hearing your opinion. :yarn

Thanks for posting the 2nd link Empress. I was visiting Carol Ventura's blog a few days ago. Her latest creation is the Ekaterina Shawl. She put images on her blog (http://www.tapestrycrochet.com), but the link she provided to the magazine did not show her piece. Strange.... You would think that the publisher would have made sure that everything was viewable on any links that were directed to this publication.

It's a very simple and pretty shawl. I'm hoping to just "wing it" one day and try to make it without a pattern.

Bob

I haven't seen it in any stores, checked Barnes & Noble, AC Moore, Michaels, even Walmart and sometimes Pathmark has special issues of magazines. Just wanted to see what was in it.

LI Roe

Hmmm...I really like a lot of the patterns in this issue....I especially like Beatrice's scarf and even though I'm not a fan of crocheted socks....Sydney's sideways socks look great!

I haven't seen the magazine in a store yet, but I think I may buy it when it is available here. I also thought the sideways socks were interesting. and also think the scarf on the cover is a little overwhelming looking, and not exactly my idea of beautiful crochet in those colors, but I guess it's eye-catching for the cover.

and i just looked at the preview again, i like the socks w/ the spiral openwork.

I haven't seen the magazine in a store yet, but I think I may buy it when it is available here. I also thought the sideways socks were interesting. and also think the scarf on the cover is a little overwhelming looking, and not exactly my idea of beautiful crochet in those colors, but I guess it's eye-catching for the cover.

and i just looked at the preview again, i like the socks w/ the spiral openwork.

I do wonder if they have pressed that scarf to show the pattern, but by doing so made it look really awkward? ok unappealing?

I do wonder if they have pressed that scarf to show the pattern, but by doing so made it look really awkward? ok unappealing?

I don't know, maybe so. it just looks huge and clunky and has way too many colors....imo. but scaled down and in other colors it could be very pretty. I think sometimes things are styled in jarring colors because it is eye-catching, and I realized that makes me stop and think what color it would look better in and then i am thinking about making it.

Either way I have 2 or 3 scarves which is more than enough and I am not crocheting gifts this year so i won't be making it anytime soon. :lol

eta: I looked again, and yeah, it does look kind of like a board!

Are you talking about Carmen's Jazz Scarf?

I'm not seeing where it looks pressed or anything.

I actually kind of like it. It reminds me of a swimsuit coverup pattern I have. It is a bit big for me though so I probably won't make it.

I know my seven year old daughter would love it. She loves colorful things.

:)

yep, Carmen's Jazz Scarf. in the first pic on this page http://www.interweavecrochet.com/issue/2010/accessories/jazz-scarf.asp

where she is kind of holding it in front of her, that's what looks board-like to me. it looks over scaled to me, i'd like it better in smaller yarn. (but hey I'm the one who liked Cate Blancheet's granny square dress so you can't go by me :lol)

I just bought the magazine at Walmart today and need to go finish looking at it in depth. i do like the sideways and spiral socks---I am in sock mode now that it has cooled off here :wbrr

I LOVE the look of that chain-link scarf! Could even imagine felting it. Hmmmm will definitely have to go and look for this magazine. :D Oh and yes I also want the sock patterns! :lol

Archived