petals wrap cardigan in the crochet so fine book

ferretgrl57

Question

i need to know of anyone knows if the instructions (sl into ch2 sp on row) for the edging on this pattern is suppose to be is in the ch2 spaces between each shell or the ch2 spaces in each shell or both? The last option would make it twice the work!!! :think

8 answers to this question

i need to know of anyone knows if the instructions (sl into ch2 sp on row) for the edging on this pattern is suppose to be is in the ch2 spaces between each shell or the ch2 spaces in each shell or both? The last option would make it twice the work!!! :think

i have this book checked out from the library---some very pretty patterns!

exactly what part of the edging are you asking about?

I'm looking to start the edging around the neck and left and right front. On the sleeves you sl st into each fpdc and shell so that with 8 shells and 8 fpdc you have 32 rows total to the edging for the size medium. So i needed to know if you sl st into each ch 2 before and after the shells or each ch2 within the shell or both, i can't tell from the pix in the book.

my gosh, beautiful, COMPLEX pattern! took me a while, but I think i understand it now. I believe you are to slip st in each ch2, both the ones in the shells and between the shells. the written directions always say "sl st in next ch-2 sp on body", i don't see where it ever says to skip a ch-2 sp. in the photos, where the bottom edging is pretty clear, they all look to me like the edging is connected to the body in each ch-2 space----except the one on page 140 where a few of the ch-2 sps between shells are skipped. but i don't think that jibes w/ the instructions; it may be a mistake in the sample garment. You really don't want the edging to appear tight, you want it to be drapy.

this is a wonderful gift for your friend! I hope you can post pics of it when done, i would love to see it---it's quite an accomplishment:hook

P.S. I forgot to say, Welcome to the Ville :D

Thanks, I finally had my friend try it on and it does need one every ch2, the pix confused me too, some of them look like everyone and some look like they skipped. I tore out what I did of the edging and am starting over, so if you want to do it, you won't have to do the trial error thing.

:lol I don't have any immediate plans to make the Petals cardigan, i do think it is really lovely though. Surprisingly, the pattern i am most drawn to is quite simple compared to the others in the book: Cascade tunic. It looks very wearable. If I make it i'll change the decorations at the neckline and leave off the hip gussets and probably change the edging---hey maybe I could use the edging from Petals!

I may have to buy this book.....

I like that one too, but don't like the decorations at the neckline either maybe make the sleeve edges like the bottom, a little shorter than the ones shown. I like the brown cape with belt and beaded neckline, may do that one next and the basketweave hat. Too many pretty things in the book.

Archived