TobeysMama

Layered Flower Pattern - Help!

Question

I am looking for a pattern for a flower...I know what I want the flower to look like but I can't find a pattern anywhere and everytime I try to make one I can't seem to get it right.

I have tried to attatch a picture of a flower I like that is basically what I am after.

I think that is starts with a magic circle and then has maybe one row of stitches and then a layer of petals with a second row of petals behind it. I want the flower to be big - like 3-4" with 5 or 6 petals. I was thinking maybe the petals are working in the front loops, and then the back petals in the back loops?

I know this one:

http://www.action-hero.net/blog/2004/09/crocheted-flower-pattern.html

but it's not what I want - I want a solid center.

I have seen the flowers I want on Etsy, but not a pattern (just sellers with the same flower).

Any help is appreciated!!!

post-32990-135897587708_thumb.jpg

Edited by TobeysMama

7 answers to this question

Look for afghan squares that have a rose on them. You might find what you are looking for.

Looke in Crochet Pattern Central. You can do a search by entering Flower. You will get a list of almost 500 flower patterns. A lot of them will not be what you are looking for but if you have the patience you might find the perfect one. Look at (five?) 5 petal flower (there are two of them with that name) so look at both

not sure how close this is to what you want, but this blog has a tutorial on making a multi-layer Irish crochet rose http://bitsandbobstheblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/irish-crochet-rose-1.html

part 1 and 2 are in March posts, and 3-4-5 are in April.

Thanks for all the replies! I am gonna try that one pattern and see how it turns out...I still haven't found a pattern that turns out the way I want it to - so frustrating....I mean, it's just a flower, right? LOL

Thanks for all the replies! I am gonna try that one pattern and see how it turns out...I still haven't found a pattern that turns out the way I want it to - so frustrating....I mean, it's just a flower, right? LOL

I have the same problem. Made many flowers like few.