Baby dress suggestions

Daydreamer-girl

Question

I have been asked to crochet a baby dress. And now I would like to have some suggestions on pattern. The dress needs to fit a 6 months old baby (or older). And the person who wanted me to crochet this dress would like to have crocheted flowers incorporated in the dress.

I like to work with thread, but other yarn is also ok but it can´t be thicker than dk yarn.

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

15 answers to this question

I like the Angle Wings dress from Bev's Country Cottage, but it is newborn size, & IDK how to "size it up".

Have you surfed Crochet Pattern Central or Ravelry (on Ravelry you can put in a lot of filters in your search to get various options - it's a free membership)?

I have been through all the baby dresses on ravelry a couple of times I think.

Since I don´t have a baby to try the dress onto, I would really like a pattern with the right sizes.

I have been thinking of making a pattern myself, but I don´t have time for that now. And I don´t think it would fit the baby any longer when (or if) it was finally done....

i love the dresses on the crochetgarden website. One of the dresses has roses around the neck arm edges and the bottom edge of the dress that you crochet in. It uses size 10 thread. it's called garden of lace and you can purchase the pattern from the crochetgarden.com website. I did this a few years ago, very pretty dress.

Try Heather's patterns at www.justcrochet.com She has beautiful baby patterns and the ones I have made are really pretty easy. They are written with the English symbols but Heather sends a conversion chart with each order. You just have to remember that in England their DC is our SC, their TC is our DC. Its pretty easy and her patterns are so gorgeous its worth it!

I don't know how experienced you are as a crocheter but www.crochetgarden.com has some beautiful patterns. I have almost all of her patterns and love them.

This is the site I was going to suggest, too.

I haven't made her dresses, but I've made some other things. I like her patterns, and I've seen some beeeeeeeyooooootiful dresses people have made from her patterns here at the 'ville.

If you find a pattern you like, you could try plugging it in here and at Ravelry to see if you can see other people's creations.

Another nice thing about crochetgarden.com dresses is that they are all "no sew" and have wonderful tutorials if there is something that may be a bit confusing. Blossoming Beauties Sundress has flowers around the waist and is done in a size 3 thread (or similar).

Yes, I agree that crochetgarden has many nice patterns. But I have looked through all of them, and I can´t find any with "big" flowers on them. The person who asked me to make this dress wanted "irish crochet" looking flowers incorporated in the dress.

I know it is possible to make a dress in mesh, make a bunch of irish crochet motifs and sew them on the dress, but that is not anything I would like to do!

Archived