Susan Bates® Bamboo & Steelite® Crochet Hooks

Tampa Doll

Yesterday I was in Herrschner's web site, looking at their yarn sale and as any good crocheter or crafter would do I started to look around.

I found these steele hooks . I have the full set of these hooks.

The large hooks I love, they are warm and comfortable to use.

My question is, has anyone tried the thread steele hooks with the bamboo handles and how did you like them? I sent for my favorite size 7, the one I constantly use, and am hoping to get some good reviews on this hook.

Anyone?????:think

Yes! I LOVE them - and I use a piece of a small sized Susan Bates hook holder on the thumb part of the metal and with their wide handle they are so comfy to use! :yes:yes:yes:yes

I don't crochet with a "pencil hold" - I don't think these are designed for that - I do the regular overhand hold :crocheting - they are perfect!

Here's what I do to the hooks - the steel one is the first to the right of the pic - ;)

CIMG9828.jpg

I use the pencil hold and do not find any trouble with the larger ones, which I love.

I can't wait to get the hook now. Boy I wish someone else carried these hooks so I could have it like YESTERDAY.

Thanks for the info and the idea.:hook

I have the larger ones they're all I use now. I would imagine the thread ones would be great when using thread hooks without a handle I almost rub a blister on my finger.I have some thread hooks I bought on Ebay that have wood handles and I love them.

I have to use the piece of cover on them because of my past experience with "trigger thumb" and neuropathy (ongoing) so this helps :)

Didn't know that if you "pencil hold" you could manipulate the big hooks and handles well - that's good! :hook

If you find you need more heft or bulk on the smaller steel ones - try the covers - you can find them most anywhere sold in packs of 2 (one with a larger bore to fit larger hooks- and one with a smaller one) - I cut them in three cuz I only need it for my thumb area.

Put a small dab of hand lotion or liquid soap on the tip of the hook and then pull the piece of cover over - it should slide right on. Otherwise the hook is dry and can go "off track" and pierce into the cover and you'll be in a pickle.:(

They sell the whole set of the steel ones on Herschner's (sp?) and it's usually on sale so if you like the one there is a set.

Happy Hooking MJ!!!! :manyheart

Thanks for the info. I ordered the one hook from Herrschner's. It was difficult to decide if I wanted the full set or ust to try one. So I figured I would try my most used hook, then take it from there.:hook

Well they finally sent my size 7 hook. I can hardly wait to try this out.

As for Hobby Lobby, we are finally getting one on this side of the state in New Port Richie. :cheer

Thanks for all the info.:hook

Lucky YOU! I have so wanted one up our way - but no such luck...just AC Moore & Michaels.

I think HL would add some good competition to the mix and they seem to have better sales.:)

Let us know what you think of the hook! That came quick!

So....what do ya think of it??? Just curious?

Is it a keeper or not?:think

As I said I love mine but have to use the small piece of foam hook cover on it cuz of the drop off from the handle to the thumb. Then it is the comfiest fit ever.

I love it. I am thinking of the thingy you put on the top, but other than that, it is great for my hands. I am seriously thinking of getting the whole set. That would give me 2 size 7 hooks, that I have a tendency to lose.

I swear they are hanging onto the bottom of the couch, so that when I move it, they move with the couch and giggle.:devil

Now I use the pencil hold when I crochet and it fits nice and comportable in the space between the thumb and the first finger.:hook

Archived