mumbles17

Favorite one skein projects??

Do you have a favorite one skein Pattern/item you like to make, when you find those lonely skeins in your stash?????:yarn

I do like to make tea cozies, and thats always a good fall back plan, just wondered what everyone else does with theirs!!

Fiona

Cotton dishcloths and bamboo spa-cloths. Never can have too many made when you need a quick gift.

Wheel chair / Walker bags are a good one skein project.

Hi ratdog -- do you have a favorite pattern you use for these. Thinking of making one and I do have a couple but still looking.

I like the Happy Hooker One Skein Scarf -- free pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/one-skein-scarf

Makes up very fast! If you like them wider, you can add another row around. They make nice add-ons for family Christmas presents or keep a couple on hand for unexpected Holiday visitors you might like to give a little something to. Someone always seems to drop by with baked goods or a poinsetta and now I am prepared too!

Here is a site with a whole list of one skein projects. http://craftiblog.wordpress.com/crochet-one-skein-projects/ There's even a little pumpkin for fall!

Deb, I think the pattern I use is on Recycle Cindy's website.

It is just a basic single crochet sack with the two loops to attatch it to the walker.

I like the Happy Hooker One Skein Scarf -- free pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/one-skein-scarf

Makes up very fast! If you like them wider, you can add another row around. They make nice add-ons for family Christmas presents or keep a couple on hand for unexpected Holiday visitors you might like to give a little something to. Someone always seems to drop by with baked goods or a poinsetta and now I am prepared too!

Here is a site with a whole list of one skein projects. http://craftiblog.wordpress.com/crochet-one-skein-projects/ There's even a little pumpkin for fall!

Thanks for sharing the link to the one skein projects!!

My favorite one skein pattern is from the labe of Caron yarn and its a scarf pattern. Its so easy it take me about 3 hours to make. Infact I use this as my main give away gift.

My Sister and I agree Hats are the number one project. Depending on the skein and the pattern or whatever, it is possible to get much more than one hat out of one skein.

Great links. Me, I make baby hats for military newborns. Cotton, dishcloths or potholders.

Thank you for the links!

I've only been crocheting since last Jan/Feb so I don't have a true go-to type of thing for one skein since I haven't done really anything twice yet. But I did just get the Crochet Accessories mag that just came out and I'm making my mom a scarf. It's called Maria's Scarf and I have one "square" left and just enough of the skein left to do it. It's a beautiful pattern and I'm sure I'll do this again!

Divine Hats (#1 most popular & free on Ravelry).

I agree! Love that pattern!

I love the one skein projects. I wonder, is there a pattern book with just one skein projects to crochet? That would be awesome!;)

oh boy!

I've got a large box of assorted skeins to use up (bought it at a garage sale for $2) - I'm definitely all over this one!

I love that Divine hat! its simple and pretty!

I love the one skein projects. I wonder, is there a pattern book with just one skein projects to crochet? That would be awesome!;)

Just a quick search on Amazon.com revealed these:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=one+skein+crochet&x=18&y=21#%2Fref%3Dnb_sb_noss%3Furl%3Dsearch-alias%253Dstripbooks%26field-keywords%3Done%2Bskein%2Bcrochet%26rh%3Dn%253A283155%252Ck%253Aone%2Bskein%2Bcrochet&enc=1

Some of them are knit-only, so read each description carefully.

Divine Hats (#1 most popular & free on Ravelry).

Because of your post I discovered this hat and have already made a few! :lol Thanks. :)