Simple Round Ripple With No Gaps

Aggie May

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cheerI have sent a PM to newtocrochet1976 but thought i would also add a bit here.

If you are working on this pattern and it starts to go a bit frilly, just work a row with less stitches in the points.

The sample I made is sitting nice and flat but I realise that others work to different tensions so this could be a way to remedy the problem.

If it starts to go frilly, fold it in half and see if it is a nice D shape.

If it is more of a cresent shape, you will need to do the occasional row with less stitches in the points so work 2 less DC at this place.

Just do this as and when you think it needs it.

Hope this helps.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

PS, Remember, a pattern is just a guide and can be changed, if necessary, to make it right for you.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer:D

I have pm'd you:D

If it starts to go frilly,

For some reason, the term "go frilly" just tickles me to death! :lol

Thank you so much for this pattern; I think I might try it out. I made a round ripple Christmas Tree Skirt a couple of years ago, and I've gotten a LOT of compliments on it. :hook

:hug

made two washcloths with this pattern last night...wanted to try it out on something small because i've never done any type of ripple. The frilly-ness looks good on the washcloth

will post pics in show - n -tell

:thinkMy sample sits very flat so I can only assume it is something to do with other peoples hook size & yarn.

If you find your RR With No Holes is going frilly, occasionally do a row with just 3DC into the points so you are adding less stitches on that row.

Also, make sure you are working in US DCs.

Because most people on Crochetville are in the US, I have written the pattern in US DCs so if you use UK DCs you will certainly get a frilly circle because 3 UK DC in each point will be all that is requires on all rows.

Whatever you are doing, the Decrease in the valley stays the same.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

• 5 years later...

Hi Colleen Rose! I am so happy I finally found you! I received your pattern for the Simple Round Ripple on September 9, 2007. I absolutely LOVE this pattern. Well, after a move, it took me forever to find your pattern in all these boxes. Then, to my horror, when I did find it it had been ripped and I am missing part of the pattern. Is there any chance you still have this pattern available? I would be forever grateful. I will definately protect this copy in a sheet protector and place in a notebook! LOL  :lol

Hi Colleen Rose! I am so happy I finally found you! I received your pattern for the Simple Round Ripple on September 9, 2007. I absolutely LOVE this pattern. Well, after a move, it took me forever to find your pattern in all these boxes. Then, to my horror, when I did find it it had been ripped and I am missing part of the pattern. Is there any chance you still have this pattern available? I would be forever grateful. I will definately protect this copy in a sheet protector and place in a notebook! LOL  :lol

I hope you find your answer, but I wanted to let you know that Colleen's last post was almost 3 years ago.  It's doubtful that she'll see this.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Oh my Aggie May hasnt logged in here since 2013.

I believe she started highlighting in red on round 6, 7, and 8 because she wanted you to start seeing that at those places you need to increase the number of stitches by one for each additional round. For round 9 repeat row 8 but adding 1 to numbers in red.  For row 10 repeat row 9 and add 1 to numbers in red or repeat row 8 and add 2 to numbers in red whichever is easiest for you to track it.  When you actually work it you will get a feel for it.