Simple Round Ripple With No Gaps

Aggie May

:cheerFinally, here is my newest pattern for you to try.:cheer

This seems the easiest way to get it to as many people as possible in one go so I hope you can make a copy of it from here.

Simple Round Ripple With No Holes.

Inspired by request from Buckleigh of Crochetville.

Designed by Colleen Rose.

New Zealand.

This pattern may be used to make items to give away or sell but please do not sell the pattern, pass it on for free.

Materials:

I used 8ply (DK) yarn and a 4mm hook.

Allow about 300gms for a reasonable sized Afghan with at least one contrast colour to define the ripples.

This pattern will work with any yarn as long as you use the appropriate hook recommended for the yarn.

Abbreviations:

CH = Chain.

DC = Double Crochet. (US)

SL ST = Slip Stitch.

TOG = Together.

3DC TOG is done by working all but the last movement of the next 3DC then YO and pull through all loops on hook. (Decreases 2 stitches to form the valley.)

To start:

CH4, join with a SL ST to form a ring.

Row 1:

CH3 (stands as 1DC at the start of every row) work 11 DC into ring and join with SL ST to the top of CH3. (12DC)

Row 2:

CH3, 1DC into same place as CH sits, 2DC into each DC to end of row. Join as before. (24DC)

Row 3:

CH3, 1DC into same place as CH sits, 1DC into next DC, *2DC into next DC, 1DC into next DC* repeat * to * to end of row. Join as before. (36DC)

Row 4:

CH3, 1DC into same place as CH sits, 1DC into next 2DC, *2DC into next DC, 1DC into next 2DC* Repeat * to * to end of row. Join as before. (48DC)

Row 5: (first peak and valley row)

CH3, 4DC into same place as CH sits, 3DC TOG over next 3DC, *5DC into next DC, 3DC TOG over next 3DC*, Repeat * to * to end of row. Join as before.

Row 6:

SL ST into next DC, CH3, *5DC into next DC, 1DC into next DC, 3DC TOG over next 3DC, 1DC into next DC* Repeat * to * to last 3DC, 3DC TOG over next 3DC. Join as before.

Row 7:

SL ST into next DC, CH3, 1DC into next DC, *5DC into next DC, 1DC into next 2DC, 3DC TOG over next 3DC, 1DC into next 2DC* Repeat * to * to last 3DC, 3DC TOG over next 3DC. Join as before.

Row 8:

SL ST into next DC, CH3, 1DC into next 2DC, *5DC into next DC, 1DC into next 3DC, 3DC TOG over next 3DC, 1DC into next 3DC* Repeat * to * to last 3DC, 3DC TOG over next 3DC. Join as before.

Continue in this way with the SL ST at the start of every row and 1 more DC at each place Highlighted with Red on each row.

Change colours when you wish, making sure you join new colour into the DC you would have SL STed into if not changing colour.

At least one row of a contrast colour, now and then, will make the peaks and valleys show up better.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any problems.

This is just a few rows of the pattern to show you how it should look.

5050786782_b05c794043_m.jpg

If the link does not work, let me know and I will find another way to send it to you.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Aggie May,:yay this pattern is gorgeous and I can't wait to try it too. Everything you do is magnificent! Thank you so much for sharing your pattern. Lots of hugs! :hug:hug:hug

Thank you for sharing this pattern. I make quite a few baby blankets for the local pregnancy resource center, and I like my baby blankets to be relatively solid. I like RR's for this because I can easily use up yarn left from other projects.

:cheerFinally, here is my newest pattern for you to try.:cheer

This seems the easiest way to get it to as many people as possible in one go so I hope you can make a copy of it from here.

Simple Round Ripple With No Holes.

This is just a few rows of the pattern to show you how it should look.

5050786782_b05c794043_m.jpg

If the link does not work, let me know and I will find another way to send it to you.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Oh, I lOVE the no holes look! I'll give it a shot with my newest RR (Deep Christmas colors).