Lapghans for a Nursing Home

sandra2469

This is my first request, so I hope I'm posting this correctly.

A co-worker and I are making a total of 15 lapghans to give to nursing home residents that have been adopted by my co-worker's church at Christmas.

I am horribly allergic to acrylic and can only crochet with it for a short period of time before I start to break out in welts/hives. Unfortunately it's the only yarn I can afford in the quantities I need to make these lapghans. My co-worker crochets beautifully, but she is much slower than I am.

I am willing to sew together squares if you'd like to make them. 8" and 12" squares would make the perfect size and would be the fastest ones for me to sew together.

If you want to make a full sized ghan, we are looking for them to be sized about 3' x 3 ' - this is size that fits best with those who are wheelchair bound according to the nursing home. They also work well for those who are ambulatory but want to stay warm while they sit and watch television.

I need all squares sent to me no later than December 1st to give me time to piece them together. If you are donating a full lapghan, please ship those no later than December 10th. This will give us time to gather the donations and get them to the church in time for the party.

If you would like to donate, please PM me for details. I'll acknowledge all donations in this thread as well as through a PM.

Thanks so much!

Sandra

Hi Sandra, I would love to help you. I just finished a RR but it's 48" from point to point. Is this too large for them?? If not, I'll sent it your way and try and get another one finished for you. Thanks! Liz

Liz,

It's probably not too large - they can give it to someone who is either bedridden and needs an extra blanket or they can give it to someone who is ambulatory and can curl up on the couch with it while watching TV. From what my co-worker tells me, the nursing home has a fairly active group of people and a few of them are in the ones they have adopted.

Thanks so much, Liz. I'll pm you with my address for mailing and post pictures of everything I put together or receive.

Sandra

Archived