Pink is So Pretty - 18" Doll (PDF added)

darski

Pink is so pretty… 18” doll :pinterest

ETA new pic after row 6 to show rows

PDF is here
pinkpretty.pdf

post-4896-135897582331_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897582347_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897582363_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897582379_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897582389_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897582393_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897582395_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897582401_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897582402_thumb.jpg

(My new computer has crashed :( so I have scraped this pattern together from my Yahoo group data. I'm just going to put all the pics at the front for this one, )

WW yarn in your choice of 3 colours

Elastic for waistbands

5.mm, 5,5mm and 6.mm hooks

Notes:
Shell = 2dc – ch1 – 2dc
Shell in shell = work the shell in ch 1 sp of previous row shell.
Large shell = 3dc- ch1- 3dc into ch 1 sp. Note that this is a shell for instructional purposes.
V-st = dc- ch 1- dc
Picot = ch 3, slst in 3rd ch from hook
Scallop = 6 dc into the same stitch

DNBO = do not break off

Circular sweater

5.mm hook and pink yarn

Note… I should have turned every row so that I would not have such a clear right and wrong side. Learn from my mistakes eh? J

Rnd 1: ch 5, dc in 5th ch from hook, (ch 1, dc in 5th ch from hook) 7 times, join in 4th ch of ch 5. (8 dc and 8 ch 1 sp)

Rnd 2-3: ch 4, (dc in next sp, ch 1, dc in next dc, ch1) rep around ending with dc in ch sp. Join in 3rd ch of ch 4. (32 dc and 32 ch sp at end of Rnd 3)

Rnd 4: ch 4, dc in same st. (dc-ch1- dc =V-st formed) *ch 1 sk 1 dc, V-st in next dc* rep to end and join.

Rnd 5: sl st into ch 1 space… ch 4, 2 dc into same ch sp, *ch 1shell in next ch sp (shell = 2dc-ch1-2dc) * rep to end, 1 more dc in beginning ch sp.

Rnd 6: slst into ch sp, ch 4 and turn… 2dc in same sp, (ch 1, dc in next sp, ch 1, shell in shell) twice, ch 1, dc in next sp, ch 8, skip 2 shells, dc in next space, (ch 1, shell in shell, ch 1, dc in next sp, ) 7 times, ch 8, sk 2 shells, (dc in next sp, ch 1, shell in shell, ch 1) twice, ch 1, dc in next sp, ch 1, work one more dc in beg space and join .

I'm adding this pic to show the rows that start out the sleeves.

post-4896-0-92439300-1399564232_thumb.jpg

Rnd 7: On this row, you continue to work shell in shell but you work 2 dc into every individual dc. Also note: when working across the ch 8 you need to work a shell – 2dc -- shell in that chain.

Rnd 8: continue to work shell in shell and increase to 3 dc between shells. Join and slst into ch sp.

Rnd 9: … ch 4, 3 dc in same sp, *ch 1, sc into 1st dc of 3dc group, ch 3, sc into 3rd dc of 3 dc group, Large shell in shell* repeat around ending with 2 more dc in beginning space. Join and slst into ch 1 space.

Rnd 10: sc in same sp, picot, sc in same sp, *ch 4, sc in next ch 1 sp, ch 3, sc in ch 3 sp, picot, ch 3, sc in next ch 1 sp, ch 4, sc in next ch 1 sp, picot, sc in same sp.* repeat around. Break off and tidy ends.

Sleeves…
Get yourself oriented with the main part of the sweater and attach the yarn in the base of the armhole. Again I like to use a combination of sc/hdc/dc when I make the first couple of rows to form a nicer sleeve..

So… attach yarn and work around the sleeve opening working only in the dc stitches on the back side and in each of the chains on the front side with a couple of intermediary stitches at the top. I ended up with 19 sts.

Work as many rows as you need for your style of crochet and your preference for sleeve length. I have 7 rows.

Attach buttons at the front to take advantage of “holes’ in the pattern. J

Dress …

with white, pink and deep rose yarn and 5.mm hook

Row 1: Ch 25, hdc in 2nd ch from hook , 2 hdc in every stitch to last, 1 hdc in last st. (46 hdc)

Row 2: *dc in 3, 2 dc in next* repeat to end. --does not work out evenly. (57 dc)

Row 3: hdc evenly across.

Row 4: dc in 8, sk 12, dc in 17, sk 12, dc in 8. secure white but DNBO. Attach pink at beginning of row 4… (33 dc)

Row 5: *sc in 1, tr in next* across row and work a stitch in pattern into each armhole as you work across. (18 sc / 17 tr) Break off pink and tidy ends. Pick up white

Row 6: hdc evenly across. (35 hdc)

Row 7: dc evenly across.

Row 8: hdc evenly across.

Row 9: *dc in 3, 3dc in next* rep across, end with dc in 3. (51 dc)

Row 10: hdc evenly across. Join to beg hdc. Turn.

Row 11: work a sc over joining gap, ch 2, *2dc in next, dc in 5* rep to end.

Row 12-13: dc evenly around.

Row 14: *dc in 3, 2 dc in next* repeat around.

Row 15: dc evenly around

Row 16: scallop row… 3 dc in same st as join, sk 2, sc in next, sk 2, 6 dc in next* repeat around and end with 3 more dc in beginning st. . Be prepared to adjust if necessary to make all the scallops fit. Break off and tidy all ends.

Attach yarn at right back top edge and work in sc along the two back edges. Work in button loops if that is how you plan to close the dress.

The “crinoline” …

With 4.mm hook and a finer wt yarn. ( I would guess that this is about a 3.5 wt yarn. It is Phentex Merit yarn if you can find the specific brand J )

Make a waistband with 1/8th in elastic.

Row 1: work 50 sc over elastic and join.

Row 2; dc evenly around and join.

From this point you will work in a spiral mesh.

Work *sc , ch 4, sk 1, sc in next* around and continue in ch 4 mesh for 4 more rows.

Next section: work 2 sets of sc /ch 3 in every ch 4 loop.

Work 2 more rows of ch 3 mesh. Break off white. Attach pink.

Work 2 rows of ch 4 mesh.

Work ch 5 mesh working a sc into sc rather than working the usual mesh into the loop.

The pants…

WW yarn and 5.mm hook

Leg: DNBO after 2dn leg.

Row 1: ch 16 and join to form ring. Dc in every ch. (16 dc)

Row 2: dc around increase 1 at beginning of row (17 dc)

Row 3: dc evenly around.

Row 4: dc around increase 1 at end of row.

Row 5: dc evenly around

Rows 6 to 8 repeat rows 2 – 4.

Row 9: dc around working one increase half way round. (21 dc at this point)

Torso rows…
Align the two legs and join together with 6 sc to form the crotch. Ch 1, Dc in same stitch as last join,

Now is the time to go to the back and mark out 7 stitches before and after the Centre Back join.

… dc to first marker, work [2dc in next, dc in next, 2dc in next, dc in next. 2dc in next] Work dc, tr, dc into back joining then repeat [ ], continue in dc to beginning of torso stitches. Be sure to work a dc in the last crotch join stitch. Join in top of 1st dc. I have 42 sts for my 1st torso row. If you are close – colour it done J

T-rows 2 – 6: work evenly in dc.

Finish: work sc through each st and over an elastic waistband.

In the pinks top

6.mm hook

Row 1: ch 36 and join to form a ring… work [sc, ch 1, sk 1] around and join.

Row 2: work in every sc and ch 1 space… *2 dc in 1, dc in 2.* rep to end – it doesn’t work out evenly. (44dc)

Row 3: dc in every dc.

Row 4: dc in 9, ch 4, sk 4, dc in 18, ch 4, sk 4, dc in 9. join. Break off white and attach light pink.

Row 5: dc in every dc and ch stitch. (44 dc)

Rows 6-7: dc evenly. Break off pink and attach hot pink.

Row 8: work *dc in 1, spike dc in next* rep around.

Row 9: dc evenly around.

Row 10: work rev. sc around. Break off and tidy all ends.

Make a twist (or some tie) to weave through the ch 1 spaces on row 1.

Skirt…
5.5 mm hook and 3 colours of yarn

Work 45 sc over elastic waistband and work 2 rows of dc evenly.

Row 3: dc in 2, *2 dc in next, dc in4* repeat around however it works out. (it does work out evenly – trust me J ) Break off white and attach pink.

Row 4-5: work evenly in dc.

Row 6: work in front loops only. Work sc/ch 3 loops around. Break off and tidy ends. Attach hot pink.

Row 7-8: work evenly in dc. Work in back loop only on row 7 where the front loop is taken.
Trim rows.

.Att. white yarn in a pink ch 3 loop. Work sc/ch 4 around ending with ch 1/dc into beginning sc.

.Sc in ch 4 loop, *ch 3, slst in 2nd ch from hook, ch 2, sc in next loop. * rep around. Join w/ slst in beginning sc. Break off and tidy all ends.

That little Top…

Ch 41..

Row 1: hdc in 2nd ch from hook and in ea ch across. (40 hdc)

Rows 2-4: hdc evenly. (40 hdc)

Row 5: hdc in 12, hdc/dc in next, dc in 14, dc/hdc in next, hdc in 12. Break off white and tidy all ends. Attach pink to upper left back (as worn)

Row 6: hdc in 10, ch 10, sk 5, hdc in 12, sk 5, hdc in 10, ch 1, turn.

Row 7: sc in 10 ch 4, sc over prev. ch row, ch 4, sc across front sts, ch 4, sc over previous ch row, ch 4 sc in 10 back sts. Break off pink and tidy all ends. Attach hot pink to lower left back (as worn)

Row 8: sc along left edge with 2 sc in corner, hdc across back sts, ch 5, sc in sc, ch 5, hdc across front sts working a dec on each side, ch 5, sc in sc, ch 5 hdc across right back sts, sc down right back edge working button loops as you go, hdc along bottom edge and work 1 inc in each back section and two increases in front section.. Break off and tidy all ends.

The necklace…

I made these because I like to hide the neck join

Select about 10 pony beads in colours that you want and thread them onto your yarn.. leave a long tail and begin…

*Ch 1, crochet bead in place* rep to last bead. Ch 1 and break off leaving a tail that nearly matches the beginning tail. Add a decorative bead at the end of ea tail and another pony bead to secure the end. Tie the pony bead securely and put the end through the decorative bead. Use a spot of clear nail polish or clear glue to secure the end at the opening of the decorative bead. Later, trim the end.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2010

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897582317_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897582335_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897582356_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897582368_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897582384_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897582392_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897582397_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897582399_thumb.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much for sharing your patterns. These are just lovely and I have an 11 y/o granddaughter that would love them. She has a birthday in November...I'll have to see what I can do. Thanks Again!

As always, you have created a dream wardrobe for our "girls." I don't know how you do it, to create stunning outfits, time after time. :applause

And your generosity in sharing with the public is such a blessing to all of us.

Thank you for all the work you put into these projects.

Autumn

moderator of AGCrochet

• Donna changed the title to Pink is So Pretty - 18" Doll (PDF added)

Archived