CLLinda

So who is a member of CGOA?

I was a member about 7 years ago when the convention came to the Chicagoland area, and then I dropped it, due to lack of funds.

I decided to join again and I was wondering who is a member here. Just curious.

:manyheart

Donna and I are both professional members of CGOA plus Crochetville is a corporate member.

I know there are others here who are members, but I'll let them identify themselves. :)

I was a member about 7 years ago when the convention came to the Chicagoland area, and then I dropped it, due to lack of funds.

I decided to join again and I was wondering who is a member here. Just curious.

:manyheart

I went to the Chicago convention! I loved seeing so many crocheters in one place. The big plus was Saturday night. I didn't know until I got to the hotel that a chapter of another organization in which I'm active was holding an event.

I've kept my membership up. I keep my membership as a way of supporting crochet. I'm not in the profession (not a designer, don't work in the yarn industry, don't own crochet websites).

I am a member too; have been for several years. I love their resources and hope to get to a conference someday.

I just re-joined yesterday after a couple years laspe. I've also ordered the Master's program. Has anyone tried it yet and found it hard???

I'm a member...working on becoming an Associated Professional. I had let my membership lapse for a few years, but rejoined recently.

I am a member. I wanted to be part of it. I would love to be able to go to one of the shows.

what are the bene''s of joining?

I've been curious about the same thing.

I've been curious about the same thing.

We are curious so does anyone have an answer? I have considered it, but money doesn't grow on trees (at least not until the apples are sold!)

There are many benefits to being a member :)here is a list of the top 10 reasons. You'll notice that if you are a member there are several retailers who offer discounts.

I thought about joining once just because i have had so many people ask me to teach them to crochet.Wondering if it would be worth it since I would not be financially able to attend conferences and such. I am currently working full time and going to school but I am still thinking about joining.

IF you wanted to teach at a Michael's Craft Store - then you need to go through the certification program offered by Craft Yarn Council

http://craftyarncouncil.com/teach.html

It's my understanding you can teach if you so choose to, without having that program.

Anyone reading this can correct me if I'm wrong.

considering membership - does that count? hehehe