Felted Sparkly Bag (Thanks, KUSINE!)

Me&P

To the person who can't open it - perhaps your browser? I don't have any problem opening them... Sorry!

Brenda- I used RIT dye that I got at WalMart in the laundry aisle. I soaked it in a large tub for about 10-15minutes then dumped it all in the washing machine.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow, Lynlee - that really turned out nice! I'm so glad I tripped over this thread, I missed it before. I've been contemplating what to do with the two skeins of LB Fishermans I've got. I don't have an awesome sparkly like yours (would've loved to have signed up when Jessica was passing them out, but it was during Secret Pals and I was worried I'd tip her off to who I was, lol! I was later proved right in my concern, when she nabbed me due to a comment I made to her here!), but I could probably embellish it with felted flowers to good effect too.

Now see what you've started! :eek:hook Great job!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, at the risk of sounding dumb, really I am just not up to date on felting. So.......the idea is to use wool, and then wash it to get the felted look, which I love, and then your sparkleys I just love! Is this a new idea or old and i just am "uninformed", LOLOL! :sheepjump

Thanks, everyone!

I got a comment on my purse last night from a woman who has a friend who owns a shop that does displays of things made by local "talent" and sells them. She said to give her friend a call because she would "really be interested"... I'm going to work up a couple and take them over!

So.......the idea is to use wool, and then wash it to get the felted look, which I love, and then your sparkleys I just love! Is this a new idea or old and i just am "uninformed"

Yes, use wool, then wash to get the felted look. I'm sure the idea is as old as wool sweaters that shrink in the machine. lol

• 4 weeks later...

Archived