Emergency Bear Operation

momofgmd

A little five-year-old girl that I babysit brought me a bear yesterday. I guess she had watched me crochet and was convinced that I could fix her bear and dress it. The head and arms were falling off. One hand was completely off with the arm ripped wide open. I spent a lot of time yesterday sewing up the bear and then I crocheted it a little outfit (a ruffled halter top and some bloomers) so it would be ready to go home with her. Just thought I'd share the pictures of the dramatic finish. :lol

bearfront.jpg

bearback.jpg

That is too cute for words. I love how little kids love their toys so much.

It's hard to remember being that way as I just want to chuck everything that is the least little bit messed up these days, but I carried around the rattiest stuffed cat for the longest time and its head had to be sewn back on twice.

That's the kindest 'operation'. My daughter took a shine to an Oscar the Grouch stuffed toy. He was sewn up repeatedly; finally he had to be recovered in green towel fabric with wooden eyes. He was 'operated' on by me, my mother and my sister. I never thought to give him clothes! Great resuscitation job.

EugeneClarence

Being someone who actually has been known to "anesthetize" stuffed animals before I fix them (dixie cup over the nose, that's standard medical procedure you know...) I have tears in my eyes thinking of what you did for that little girl!:clap Her faith in you was well placed, bear looks wonderful! What a great story, thank you for posting about it!

Archived