Snow Days - 18" doll - Image Intense- PDF added

darski

I've had a request for explanation of how the pants' crotch comes together and then how to work around the legs' sections.

post-4896-0-52798200-1454113502_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-21704100-1454113504_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-75031100-1454113505_thumb.jpg

I think that you can now see how you work around the legs sections once the crotch has been made.  The working edge is made up of the open legs and you just work your way around them as the pattern says.

Is this clearer?

I understood that part ...it is when it says to do the 2 dc, 1 dc, 2 dc ...part. Are the DC made on top of the sc? That is how I did it. I did the 5 sc then turned and did the DC over the 5 sc then I couldn't figure out how to go around the legs. Sorry...I am sure I am just envision it wrong.:-/

I understood that part ...it is when it says to do the 2 dc, 1 dc, 2 dc ...part. Are the DC made on top of the sc? That is how I did it. I did the 5 sc then turned and did the DC over the 5 sc then I couldn't figure out how to go around the legs. Sorry...I am sure I am just envision it wrong.:-/

when you finish the crotch you are at the centre front of the pants.  The part you are talking about is at the centre back.

When you finish the joining with sc you are going to start working dc all around the rest of the legs stitches that you can see..  you work a dc in the same stitch as the last sc you made.  keep working in dc around the top edges of the legs with the exception of those special stitches at the back.  stop working your dc for a minute and get a long strand of contrasting yarn.  go to the BACK and count over 5 stitches from the CB and mark out 5 sts in BOTH directions.  you work in the special (2dc, 1dc, 2dc,1dc,2dc) in those five stitches on either side of the CB. get back to where you stopped for the minute and continue working in dc as explained.  when you get back to CF make sure you work the last dc in the same st as that last sc joining stitch.

Archived