6.mm, 5.mm and 5.5mm hooks

DNBO = Do Not Break Off

Join all rounds unless otherwise noted

Snow pants…

post-4896-135897580344_thumb.jpg

Legs – make two and DNBO after 2nd leg.

Start with 2 strands of white yarn and 6.mm hook

Chain 20 and join.

Work 2 rows of dc evenly. Cut away one strand of yarn and tidy end. Switch to 5.mm hook

Row 3: work in back loops only on this row only. Dc evenly around.

Rows 4-7: dc evenly.

Row8: 2 dc in 1st , dc to end.

Row 9: dc evenly around. Leg portions end here.

Your Torso rows begin and end at Centre Front.

T Row 1: Align the two legs and join with 5 sc, ch 2. Begin working in dc around the leg sections, Put the first dc in the same stitch as the sc join.

It might be helpful here to go to the back to Mark out your increase stitches. Put markers in the stitches that are 5 from the Centre Back join on each side.

Dc to your first marker… work [2dc, 1dc, 2dc, 1dc, 2dc] over the five stitches, work 3 TR into the CB join, work [ ] again then continue in dc to beginning of row being sure to put stitch in sc-joined stitch on this side, join.

Row T2-T7: work evenly in dc.

Finish : sc evenly around elastic waistband. Break off and tidy all ends.

Trim… work 2 strands of pink yarn through stitches on row 3 of legs and tie the ends to form a tiny bow. Secure with clear nail polish.

Jacket…

post-4896-135897580358_thumb.jpg

Notice that the jacket is made off centre. It is also generous in size so you can fit a top under it.

With WW yarn and 5.mm hook chain 26…

Row 1: hdc in 2nd ch from hook and ea ch across. (25 hdc)

Row 2: hdc in 1st, 2 FPhdc in every stitch to last, hdc in last. (48 sts)

Row 3: hdc evenly across.

Row 4: hdc in 4, 2hdc in next 2, hdc in 8, 2hdc in next 2, hdc in 12, 2hdc in next 2, hdc in 8, 2hdc in next 2, hdc in 8. Secure white but DNBO

Attach pink in the same end as you started row 4.

Row 5: hdc in 6, 2hdc in next 2, hdc in 10, 2hdc in next 2, hdc in 14, 2hdc in next 2,, hdc in 10, 2hdc in next 2, hdc in 8. Secure pink but DNBO

Pick up the white…

Row 6: hdc in 9. 2hdc in next 2, hdc in 12, 2hdc in next 2, hdc in 16, 2hdc in next 2, hdc in 12, 2hdc in next 2, hdc in 7. Secure white but DNBO. Pick up pink…

Row 7: hdc in 2, (spike hdc in next into pink row below, hdc in next) 4 times, hdc in next, 2hdc in next 2, hdc in 14, 2hdc in next 2, (spike hdc in next, hdc in next) 9 times, 2hdc in next 2, hdc in 14, 2hdc in next 2, (spike hdc in next, hdc in next) 2 times, hdc in 2. Break off pink and tidy ends. Pick up white

Row 8: dc in 10, skip 16, (sleeve) dc in 24, skip 16, dc in 14. (48 dc)

Row 9: hdc evenly across.

Row 10 dc evenly across.

Row 11: hdc evenly across. Break off white and tidy ends. Attach pink at centre back…

Pink trim rows: work around the complete edge of the jacket… Note: to turn the corner at the bottom front edges, I worked 2 dc and a hdc into the corner .. reversed for other corner

1st trim row:

Work (dc in 2, 2 dc in next) along the bottom edge.

Work in sc along the two front edges.

Work in (sc, ch 3, sc in next) along the neck edge.

2nd trim row:

Work (sc in 1, ch 3, sk 1) across bottom.

Work in sc along two front edges but work (ch 2, sk 1) to form buttonholes along the right front edge.

Work (sc, ch 3, sc into next ch3 space) across the neck edge. Break off and tidy ends.

Sleeves…

Attach pink yarn in armholes and work as many rows as you wish. The number of rows will depend on your own crochet technique and how you like the sleeves to look.

I always work the first couple of rows with sc in the arm pit, hdc for a couple then dc around and return to the hdc, sc to the base.

I did 2 decreases on each of rows 2 and 3 in the base section. On the final row I did a decrease on each side of the sleeve.

post-4896-135897580367_thumb.jpg

Scarf.

With baby boucle yarn and 6.mm hook chain 72

… hdc in 4th ch from hook and ea ch across. (70 dc) Break off and tidy ends.

With white fake fur yarn and 5.5mm hook… work two rows of hdc around the edges of the scarf. It is best to turn after the first row as you get the best effect from the “back’ side of the furry yarn.

Hat… The hat is formed by working evenly for one or more rounds after an increase row. You want a long slow process to get the hat large enough for the stocking cap effect.

With Baby boucle yarn and 6.mm hook

Row 1: ch 4, 5 dc in 4th ch from hook. Join (all rounds

Row 2: dc evenly around,

Row 3: dc in 2, 2 dc in next around.

Rows 4-5: dc evenly.

Continue working rows 3 to 5 until your hat fits your doll’s head comfortably. Work about 3 more rows evenly . Break off and tidy ends.. Attach fake fur.

Work 2 rows of hdc in fake fur on the inside of the hat. (you get a better furry look on the wrong side with ff so working inside out is a good idea.)

Attach white (regular yarn) pompom on the point of hat.

Note: My hat actually got a bit too loose so I had to work an elastic thread around the opening to keep it snug. Just a warning that crochet gets loose as you work it. ((sigh))

Mittens…

post-4896-135897580375_thumb.jpg

Do not join rows but work in a spiral.. a marker is helpful for the 1st three rows while increasing.

With rose coloured yarn and 5.mm hook…

Row 1: ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook.

Row 2: 2 sc in ea sc. (12 sc)

Row 3: 2 sc in one, sc in next around.(18 sc)

Continue working these 18 stitches until your mittens fit your doll’s had comfortably. Work a decrease on both sides of the mitten. (16 sc)

Work (sc in 1, ch 3) around.

Work a double strand of elastic thread around the top to draw in the mittens. These are large but they are easy to get on. Also, if you work with a finer yarn you might be happier with the size. I wanted this colour so there yah go J

Boots…

post-4896-13589758037_thumb.jpg

Worked in yarn to match the mittens.

Note: you begin working in the heel of the boot.

With 5.mm hook and WW yarn

Row1: ch 5, 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next, 2 hdc in next, 5 hdc in end ch, 2 hdc in next, sc in next, one more sc in beginning st.

Row 2: hdc around working increases at both ends to keep sole flat.

Row 3: work sc around the sole increasing only as needed to keep flat.

Row 4: flip good side down and work FPsc in every stitch around sole. Ch 1 and turn.

Row 5: hdc around working 1 dec on each side of heel.

Row6: hdc around working 8 dec at front of boot.

Row 7: hdc around working 2 dec at front of boot.

Row 8: hdc evenly around. Break off and tidy all ends.

I have to admit that I was very tempted to make the boots and mittens in black… Might still try that :wlol

Alternate hat…

post-4896-135897580378_thumb.jpg

WW yarn and 6.mm hook

Row 1: Ch 4, 11 dc in 4th ch from hook. (12 dc)

Row 2: sl st into space between stitches and work 2 dc in every space between sts. (24dc)

Row 3: 2dc in 1, dc in next) repeat to end.(36 dc)

Row 4: (dc in 1, FPdc in next) repeat around

Row 5: dc evenly around.

Row 6: (dc in 1, FPdc in next) repeat around.

Row 7: hdc around… it won’t hurt to make a couple of decreases if you crochet loosely.

Row 8: work Rev. sc around. Break off and tidy all ends.

post-4896-135897580382_thumb.jpg

We have had days of dull, rainy weather so the pics are a bit dull - sorry 'bout that chief. It was either post these or wait till heaven knows when for good weather. :wlol

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2010

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897580298_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897580349_thumb.jpg

I love it! You have such a talent for coming up with these masterpieces! :) I love all your patterns and you are so awesome for sharing them with everyone! Thank You!

Julia

• 1 month later...

I love this outfit!! I'm working on the jacket..and on row 7 it says..hdc in 2, (spike hdc in next into pink row below, hdc in next) 4 times. I can't figure out the spike hdc..I've searched & searched how to do it, and can't find it. I tried to make the star...but, it didn't work all the way out on the row..please help..I'm stuck. Thankyou in advance.

I love this outfit!! I'm working on the jacket..and on row 7 it says..hdc in 2, (spike hdc in next into pink row below, hdc in next) 4 times. I can't figure out the spike hdc..I've searched & searched how to do it, and can't find it. I tried to make the star...but, it didn't work all the way out on the row..please help..I'm stuck. Thankyou in advance.

how to do a spike stitch can be found here.

A spike hdc is just a variation on what they show you.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by:

I tried to make the star
I tend to move on after I make an outfit so I can't find the info for a star in row 7. Please refresh my memory. I still have that outfit here so I can look at it. (before next Mon. at least)

:wlol

Oh, I was way off. What I was trying was where you yo, stick in next stitch-4 times, then yo and go through all loops on hook..it makes a star. I was lost..so, there wasn't a star in your directions...I had searched the stitch, and that was the only directions I could find (to make the star). I searched spike hdc, and it came up with the star directions. I was confused..so, I hope I explained it for ya. So, tomorrow I will try the way from the link. Thanks so much for helping me! Hope you have a good night!! :)

for that part you will make an hdc spike stitch and then you do a normal hdc in the next stitch, You will do this 4 times.

they are not connected in any way but being beside each other. Each st is a separate entity and the 4 times is a repeat factor for the two kinds of stitches.

Thankyou so much..I got it finally. I just love your patterns!! Another stupid question..do you chain?? I wasn't sure, so I chained. You are very talented!! :)

When you ask "do you chain" I am assuming that you mean at the beginning of a row and the answer is that -> it depends.

most often I use

when I need a dc. check out 1;47 into the vid. This is not to say that I never use a chain but just that I like options.

For hdc and sc I never chain so to speak. I do a ch 1 and a regular stitch.

I leave that [start row] information open to the reader generally. I like to encourage crocheters to think and use their knowledge when they do my patterns.

and I am glad that you got the instructions. it really is a challenge to make things readable some of the time. :wlol

My problem is when I was about 4 yrs. old..I fell off a swing landing on concrete with the back of my head. I was epileptic for around 22 yrs. & never knew it. I'm on meds now, but I have horrific migraines and stuff. So, it's all taking it's toll, and sometimes I misunderstand what I read. I have to read it out loud to my hubby before it clicks in. Or, I keep working and what I think it says..the work doesn't add up. Then, I start over & keep rereading it til I get it. So, sometimes I have to ask seemingly stupid questions..to better understand something. Thanks a great deal for your help & patience..I greatly appreciate it!! :)

Archived