Spike Stitch Bag-FELTED!!!!! See #30

jaclim

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That spike stitch looks fantastic. What a neat bag. :cheer I just felted a bag myself last week and it was really easy - I don't know why I haven't tried it before (but I did felt it in the washing machine). Mine took a long time to dry so I speeded the drying process up by putting it near a portable heater and using my hair dryer on it.

Wow! I love it! How hard was the spike stitch to do? I have been meanign to try it since I saw it in Crochet me! It is a cool looking stitch & bag...will look wonderful felted. Gosh it already looks great now!

Thank you, ladies! :D I've just finished felting it and it's now hanging up to dry. I handwashed it 3X.....gosh.....it was kinda smelly though when I poured hot water on it! :lol

Wow! I love it! How hard was the spike stitch to do? I have been meanign to try it since I saw it in Crochet me! It is a cool looking stitch & bag...will look wonderful felted. Gosh it already looks great now!

It wasn't so hard once you got the hang of it. You just have to adjust your tension while doing the spikes otherwise it's ok. :) Thank you!

WOW, Jackie! That bag is gorgeous. I'm glad you found some use for the wool I sent you. It looks awesome!!

WOW, Jackie! That bag is gorgeous. I'm glad you found some use for the wool I sent you. It looks awesome!!

Thank you so much for the wool, Cheryl! I'll remember you everytime I use it! :D

Jackie...it looks great.

when i saw that pattern, I immediately thought it was screaming at me to full a bag....but alas...no new projects til after the move (no spinning DOES NOT count ggg)

Jackie...it looks great.

when i saw that pattern, I immediately thought it was screaming at me to full a bag....but alas...no new projects til after the move (no spinning DOES NOT count ggg)

Thank you, Kimberly! I guess great minds think alike.....:lol

Thank you, Kari!:D

That turned out WONDERFUL, Jackie! Great job! :cheer

I really like that stitch, will definitely have to give it a try. I'm hoping to do some wool dyeing this weekend, am thinking it's time to make one of those felted bags. It's only been on my "to-do" list forever! You've inspired me!

That turned out WONDERFUL, Jackie! Great job! :cheer

I really like that stitch, will definitely have to give it a try. I'm hoping to do some wool dyeing this weekend, am thinking it's time to make one of those felted bags. It's only been on my "to-do" list forever! You've inspired me!

Thank you, Deb! Please post a picture of your bag as I would love to see it. :)

That is so lovely Jackie. You've inspired me to pick up my wool again.

:hook

Archived