Spike Stitch Bag-FELTED!!!!! See #30

jaclim

I just finished crocheting my spike stitch bag. Its pre-felt size is 14" X 9 3/4" X 4". Now I have to wait for the rains to stop so I can try to felt it. I'm going to try to felt it the old-fashioned way. :D I got the idea from Crochet Me's Spike Stitch Sham. I used Wool Bale which I got from the recent Sea of Yarn Swap. Thank you, Cheryl!

SpikeStitchBagprefelt.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Jackie! That's awesome! :cheer

Just curious, you said you were going to felt it the "old-fashioned" way - what's that? And you can send some of that rain this way - we got a little bit yesterday, but after two months of nearly nothing, it was just a drop in the bucket. :hot

That is really a great looking bag. I want one to. I have to see the result of my work so quick when I felt something that I just chuck it in the washer as quick as I can. I admire you for being able to wait. ~ Brenda

Wow, Jackie! That's awesome! :cheer

Just curious, you said you were going to felt it the "old-fashioned" way - what's that? And you can send some of that rain this way - we got a little bit yesterday, but after two months of nearly nothing, it was just a drop in the bucket. :hot

Thank you, Deb!!!! What I meant by the old-fashioned way is to hand wash (felt?) it. :lol Unlike what you ladies normally do when felting (using the washing machine). :D

Well, you can come over to Manila anytime......lots of rain and flood. :lol

That is really a great looking bag. I want one to. I have to see the result of my work so quick when I felt something that I just chuck it in the washer as quick as I can. I admire you for being able to wait. ~ Brenda

I can understand how you feel, Brenda as I have to stop myself several times from felting it as I'm afraid my bag will never get dry. :lol I've learned to be patient thanks to our very slow postal system here. :)

Archived