amydepew

Pinwheel Sweater

Well, I finished it to fit me, but unfortunately that made the top collar part huge. :( Not sure what I'm gonna do with it, at this point...

Darsa - do you not like the way it fits with the big collar?

on to the sleeves, actually I need to get off of here and get to them, so maybe I can get it done and wear it tomorrow

Beautiful!

ok finished my first one last night and wore it today, already got a ton of compliments, now to get on making the other two I've started lol, one I think will just be a sweater vest the other a whole sweater and maybe a bit bigger than this one. btw My 7 yo took the pics so they're not the best lol

post-13682-135897726272_thumb.jpg

post-13682-135897726537_thumb.jpg

ok finished my first one last night and wore it today, already got a ton of compliments, now to get on making the other two I've started lol, one I think will just be a sweater vest the other a whole sweater and maybe a bit bigger than this one. btw My 7 yo took the pics so they're not the best lol

Looks great!! What kind of edging did you use? I love that color blue on you! And your daughter did a fine job on the photos! :):hook

I just chained 5 and sc in every 4th dc, I saw someone else on this thread do a similar edging

I just chained 5 and sc in every 4th dc, I saw someone else on this thread do a similar edging

Ah, okay! It looks lovely! I didn't do anything stitch-wise with the edging on the one I made my daughter, I just switched colors. Yours has just the right finishing touch! :)

Darsa - do you not like the way it fits with the big collar?

Well, unfortunately the way I'm shaped, the collar ended up enormous =/

ok almost done with the one I'm making out of chenille T&Q, it'll just be a sweater vest like amydepew's, hoping to get it done tonight so I can wear it to work tomorrow, then on to my third one LOL, I'm rapidly becoming addicted to this pattern.

That look so cute ! thanks !

Thank you for creating this beautiful variation in crochet. I like the lighter weight yard too! Most crochet and knitted garments are too bulky for my petite frame. Good work!!!

I really love this but ive never made clothes, only done hats, scarves, n throws so im not to sure i understand the arms but would love to try! thnx for pattern!

Love, love, love the colors, what a great thing you did to convert the knitted pattern to crochet for us all.

Very clever! The end result is beautiful.

I finally started mine! It is actually going to be for my two-year-old niece. I purchased a skein of this beautiful yarn about a year ago. I finally made it into a ball and started on the sweater tonight. I wish I had purchased more of this yarn. It is about 219 yards. Not only that -- the stitch definition and feel and color are fantastic. I plan to make a short-sleeved sweater. I hope I have enough yarn. This is so addicting. If I had started earlier, I would not have to wait until tomorrow, when she wakes up, to measure from shoulder to shoulder. lol. Here's what I have so far.

post-44469-135897745795_thumb.jpg

That yarn is gorgeous! I, too, hope you have enough yarn - that would be a huge bummer to get stuck short. On the other hand, you could use a complimentary yarn, if necessary, as a border color.

Oh that is so cute, thanks for sharing!:clap

Thanks!

That yarn is gorgeous! I, too, hope you have enough yarn - that would be a huge bummer to get stuck short. On the other hand, you could use a complimentary yarn, if necessary, as a border color.

I was thinking I'd have to do that if I run out of yarn. I may make the drive to Burbank if need be for more yarn. I do think that a solid pink or orange might work. I would have finished it if I hadn't been suddenly stricken with bronchitis and walking pneumonia. I'm finally picking it up again today.

I am stuck! I remember doing fdc before in the middle of a pattern for armholes, but it's not cooperating today, or it's the sudden bursts of pain attacking my head that don't allow me to concentrate. At any rate, here are the pics of the first armhole. Once I reattach onto the other side, I end up with them twisted. Also, are we to ch 1 and then start the fdc's, or do we skip the ch 1 here? I stitched 5 chains: 1 for the ch 1 and 4 for the beginning fdc. I made a total of 12 fdc and 1 chain and then reattached.

Wow, the pics uploaded quickly today, the fastest ever!

post-44469-135897746352_thumb.jpg

post-44469-135897746356_thumb.jpg

post-44469-135897746359_thumb.jpg

Gosh, if I remember correctly, the pattern excludes the ch 1. However, it seems to me that you can do it either way: keep the ch 1 if you need a little extra armhole space, eliminate it if you don't. On the following round, you will make a ch 1 space anyway, thus picking up right where you left off.

As for the twisting, I don't see it. Looks great from where I'm sitting!

I think I was starting the fdc incorrectly. If you'll notice, the first one on the right side is pointing upwards, as if it's on the row above. When I complete the last one and pick up on the other side again, it's pointing down. I'm referring to that free dangling end. I went to your blog and read that someone was anchoring the first fdc to the last dc, and that made sense. I wasn't anchoring it to anything. So if I had kept as is, once I was working on the next round, I would have not been able to continue. If I turned it so that it faced down, the opposite end would have faced up. lol. I know it sounds confusing. The thing is I got it to work finally, and now I'm out of yarn. If health permits, I'll drive to Burbank for more. Thanks :)