In October I will

fc1123

:yuck that red blanket is getting very boring already!!! I've got to get some umph and get it done. I switch back and forth between blanket and squares, blanket and squares. I am thinking about whipping out the thread and start on some snowflakes....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Almost finished entering all the information for the accountant to do the quarterly reports. Hoping to start work on the American Girl clothes this afternoon.

I love darski's designs, make me want to make some but I don't know any little girls.

I started a blue round ripple yesterday....:lol I don't think I'll ever get this list thing figured out!

It has been so long since I've done this. I have three ghans I want to complete before Christmas. I would like to get them half done in October. It's possible but I also have a 6-10 pg research paper to do with the rough draft being due on Oct. 20. We'll have to see how that goes. Here is what I will attempt:

Seagrass (RHSS) ghan - about 10 rows done

Shawn's ghan - 4 rounds done (just started last night)

Aaron's ghan - to be started this evening

Charity Weekend CAL

I have to work on Shawn and Aaron's at the same time. They are 5 and 8 and very competitive. I can't finish one without the other being right behind it.

It will probably be on my November list, but I have decided to make a blanket for my Nephew for Christmas in Boston Bruins' colors (black, yellow, white). I am thinking about the Flannelghan.

I am almost finished with a winter cape/ hood/ muff for the American Girl Doll.

I started the lapghan for Soldier's Angels "Blankets of Gratitude" program. I already made a red/navy one , this one is navy/white.

If all goes well I will have this lapghan done and still have time to do the afghan for my Nephew before October is over.

I know I'm late to the game~I've been crocheting for the shawl swap. Suddenly I'm finding quite a few projects I need to complete though! So, hopefully by the end of October I will complete:

1.) My BFF's Mary Jane Skimmers from Sylver.

2.) Of course shawl swap goodies! ~smile~

3.) Another Little Hoodie Hat and matching Sleepy Sarah doll for a friend's new baby.

4.) Hazel's poncho.

I think that's all for now, but y'all know me! I'll add something October 29th~LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

i vow NOT to work on any other project until my gran's ghan is done. to this end EVERY other project and skein of yarn has been relagated to the top bunk.

:cheer i finished it! now i'm working on a baby blanket for charity weekened

My answer unfortunately includes not only what I need or want "off the hook" :crocheting but also getting some 'non'-crochet things done :blush

I will finish my RR,

get started & finish a few Christmas ornaments and towels,

get a few more strips done on my oldest WIP - a MAM

get furniture rearranged in our office room to make it a guest room for the holidays - dd's bf is coming with her to CT for T-day

CLEAN the darned house!!!!:eek

samesies on not having started or finished a christmas project--I just might skip christmas this year :eek very low on $, only so much yarn...fridgies for all!!! haha!

Okay...to the topic at hand:

in October, I have:

1. learned freeform crochet
  2. completed a mobile for my friend's newborn http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=120388
  3. designed wings on a dragonfly applique for the mobile http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=120504
  4. completed a hat (a duplicate of my own) for my buddy (link coming soon!)
  5. started designing a fedora for another buddy (only a bit of success--)
  6. worked on my first afghan
  7. designed and made doggie scarves for my MIL's sister read the story here: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=120720&highlight=oops
  8. fully designed (on paper) what I'm calling the "crokitcase" or "Beech Daze"
  9. attained jr. villager status on c'ville!! :yay
  10. daydreamt of having enough $ to buy all the yarn I want for all the projects I want to do :cry...in the meantime, it's just make do with what you got :shrug

In October I hope to:

1. finish the fedora
  2. get the skein required to finish the afghan
  3. get the yarn for and really join the Bernat CAL
  4. knit a mobius wrap--from the free tear-off Red Heart Holiday pattern
  5. make the crokitcase aka Beech Daze
  6. crochet another helmet to replace mine which is too small (was a tight crocheter last year...)
  7. start mom's freeform tunic (or cardigan) for xmas gift
  8. make 8 fridgies for The Sisters' Weekend Nov 5-7 (female family reunion) (note: I have no sisters, but my mom has 4--that's how it all started so many years ago)
  9. Acquire fabric glue to start using on my woven in end tails.... :hee

let's do it! Good luck everyone--halfway there!

samesies on not having started or finished a christmas project--I just might skip christmas this year :eek very low on $, only so much yarn...fridgies for all!!! haha!

quote]

I'd love a few Fridgies!

:) I don't think I can do a giveaway yet...Villager status happens in just over a week though...

I'm thinking of doing a fridgie that is just a big bullion stitch. I like that stitch!

scratch that...checked the guidelines, and I was thinking of swaps...I can do giveaways...

maybe I'll giveaway some fridgies....we shall seeeeee!

I got another placemat done (and all that means is that I did not get to Joanns to get more yarn to finish my Lapghan for the VA).

Tomorrow after Church I am going to get the yarn an, hopefully, have th lapghan done tomorrow night ... Monday at the latest!

An update on my original post.

In October I will:

Finish off the last of the pouches for my Uncles wedding. (It's on the 10th) Completed.

Do a skull cushion in Tunisian crochet (This is about a 1/4 way through)

Finish off a baby dress. This one has been froged and the yarn will be used for something else now.

Make a rainbow baby blanket This one will have to be moved to another month so I can buy all the wool I want for it.

and make a simple giant granny square blanket for my kitty cats. (this is half way done)

I got another placemat done (and all that means is that I did not get to Joanns to get more yarn to finish my Lapghan for the VA).

Tomorrow after Church I am going to get the yarn an, hopefully, have th lapghan done tomorrow night ... Monday at the latest!

:cheergo :cheer lapghan :cheer go:cheer

1.) My BFF's Mary Jane Skimmers from Sylver~DONE!

2.) Of course shawl swap goodies! ~smile~

3.) Another Little Hoodie Hat and matching Sleepy Sarah doll for a friend's new baby.

4.) Hazel's poncho.

5.) At least a hat and maybe Mary Jane booties for another sweet baby.

started the fridgies for my aunts and mom and sister-in-law and her sister and me!!! they're lookin gooooooood!

will post pics and pattern in the appropriate forums when done!!

got to use up the end of some old scrap yarn too! :cheer hoping to use up at least most if not all of the MC too!--excuse to buy more yarn! :yay

Archived