My Pineapple Shawl

Yarn Angel

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Wow !! I have got to learn to the do the pinapples, but keep blowing it off. I'll do it soon. I promise..

You did beautiful work.

Ok everyone, I started on mine this morning only to discover there is a problem with the pattern. I found there was a problem when I reached row 13. Now I am going to have to frog it. Not happy!!!!:eek Be sure to read this post http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7891&page=2&pp=10&highlight=pineapple+shawl before you start, because the problem lies with row 1!!!! Other than what it seems to be really easy & work up quick.

OOPS! Sorry! I did discover that error before I started but forgot all about it! The pattern correction is as follows:

at the begining on row 1 its suppose to be ch3, 16 dc in ring, ch 3 turn

round 2 is dc in next 15 dc

round 3 should be a total of 34 dc counting the turning ch

Happy Crocheting!

Amy:manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

I'm confused!!! I started this last night and once I got to row 13 it didn't work! There are conflicting posts regarding the 3rd row-- is it 32 dc or 34? I want to make this for my mother for Christmas as I think this is a gorgeous pattern but I'm frustrated. Maybe I'm an airhead when it comes to directions!!:think

I'm confused!!! I started this last night and once I got to row 13 it didn't work! There are conflicting posts regarding the 3rd row-- is it 32 dc or 34? I want to make this for my mother for Christmas as I think this is a gorgeous pattern but I'm frustrated. Maybe I'm an airhead when it comes to directions!!:think

Hi Stacy, I did a test for you, because I could not figure out what the numbers should be without doing it. Here is how it goes:

row 1: Ch 3, 15 dc in ring. Ch 3, turn. (16 dc)

row 2: Dc in next 15 dc, and in top of ch 3, turn. (16 dc)

row 3: Dc at base of ch3, 2 dc in ea dc & in top of ch 3. Ch 3, turn. (32 dc, counting the turning ch)

row 4: Dc in each dc & in top of turning ch. Ch 3, turn (32 dc)

You can now follow the pattern as it is written. What this will give you is 11 spokes for your pineapples.

This is a great pattern & works up pretty easy. Just don't get too caught up in the pattern repeats, because sometimes there is a change. Enjoy. You will love this shawl when it is done & so will your mother.

Shari

Yeah! Thank you so much Shari! :hug I was letting this pattern get the best of me but I get it now!

This is a great pattern & works up pretty easy. Just don't get too caught up in the pattern repeats, because sometimes there is a change. Enjoy. You will love this shawl when it is done & so will your mother.

Shari

That is just gorgeous....you did a terrific job. I love the pineapple pattern...it looks so complicated yet it's a pretty easy design to do. This looks elegant but comfy at the same time. Bravo!!:clap

I agree, it's stunning =) I'm also curious how much of the Simply Soft you used.... I have some in my stash but I'd hate to start and discover I don't have enough!

Marvie, I just recently completed one of these using simply soft (pics coming soon!). I used about 2 1/2 skiens, K hook.

My sis came over last week and decided I kept my apartment too cool for her - so my shawl was there on the sofa and she wrapped up in it.....So I made her model for me.....she wants one now....add to the list!!! Every crochet or knit she sees on tv or at the mall - she's telling me about and saying..."do you think you could make that?" I keep telling her to learn for herself - but she's a lefty and doesn't think she could pick it up!! Just wanted to share this beautiful shawl on a real live person instead of my manne'.

ebay070105163.jpg

so i thought this was a great idea and the finished objects look gorgeous on everyone, so i decided to make one for myself to go w/ an outfit i'm wearing for a wedding this weekend....

so, am i the only one who thinks that there is an error in the pattern?

row18--- you are making 2 ch2 spaces.

so the next row 19, it says to make a shell in each of the the ch2 spaces. which means you have only 2 shells.

but then i get to row 23 and it says that there should be 3 shells, and to make the extra ch5 in the middle shell (to "sprout" a new pineapple. :) you like that one?)

am i crazy? or does this pattern need a correction there?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Hello. My name is Barb and I am trying to find the pineapple shawl pattern that is here. The links I have clicked on do not come through and I was wondering if there is a problem or is it only for a limited time only. Thank you.

Archived