Yarn selection for another Moorish Mosaic afghan

smokeyp81

I went to Hobby Lobby today after work and picked up this yarn to make another Moorish Mosaic afghan. I have made this afghan before...here is the link from the first one: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=116786 This pattern is so much fun to make. I've been wanting to make a Christmas themed afghan, so I chose this pattern. What do you think of my color choices?

post-2360-135897577327_thumb.jpg

I think it's going to be GORGEOUS! I love the way you have both the modern Christmas and Victorian Christmas colors in there! I can't wait to see it finished! In fact, I confess to FREQUENTLY going in and looking at your pics of your Moorish Mosaic afghans and I just finished posting a "wanted" post for a copy of the magazine that the pattern is in! I HAVE to make at LEAST one of those for myself! That's just the prettiest afghan I've seen in a long time! And it's beautiful in just about any colors you can picture it in! :yes

I think it's going to be GORGEOUS! I love the way you have both the modern Christmas and Victorian Christmas colors in there! I can't wait to see it finished! In fact, I confess to FREQUENTLY going in and looking at your pics of your Moorish Mosaic afghans and I just finished posting a "wanted" post for a copy of the magazine that the pattern is in! I HAVE to make at LEAST one of those for myself! That's just the prettiest afghan I've seen in a long time! And it's beautiful in just about any colors you can picture it in! :yes

Thanks for the nice comments....I loved making this afghan. It is so much fun to see how each octagon comes out. I think this one will be really nice too. I need to get started on this soon too....the last one took me about 2 months to make!!! I would like to be able to have it done to display for December!

Elle, it looks like you can buy the pattern right on Crochet Garden.

I think you color choices are lovely! I can't wait to see it.

Love the colors that you picked! Now is that enough yarn for the entire afghan? What kind of yarn is that? Kinda looks like I Love This Yarn but I'm not sure. Can't wait to see it when it's complete!

It is ILTY....it should be enough for the whole afghan....

Elle, it looks like you can buy the pattern right on Crochet Garden.

I think you color choices are lovely! I can't wait to see it.

I bought the pattern the other night from Crochet Garden! I'm so excited! Friday is payday and I'm having a ball looking at yarns online trying to figure out what colors to make it in, because I'm going to order my yarn on Friday! :clap

There are SO many wonderful combinations, I know I'm not going to be able to decide on just one group of colors, so I'm planning to order enough to make three of these! I can't wait! :manyheart

I bought the pattern the other night from Crochet Garden! I'm so excited! Friday is payday and I'm having a ball looking at yarns online trying to figure out what colors to make it in, because I'm going to order my yarn on Friday! :clap

There are SO many wonderful combinations, I know I'm not going to be able to decide on just one group of colors, so I'm planning to order enough to make three of these! I can't wait! :manyheart

If you are a member of Ravelry....go look at what others have done with this pattern....so many inspiring color combinations!

• 3 weeks later...

The Moorish Mosaic is one of the most beautiful and one I want for my home! Of all the afghans I have made we have none in our home.

Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see the end result!

KathyWho

Archived