Need Hats, Mittens, Scarves and Squares for Homeless

schcrochet

Squares needed, no larger than 10 inches, and no smaller than 7 inches. Accepted during the months of Nov and Dec to be joined for homeless, and battered women and children.

Hats, Scarves, and Mittens need all year long for homeless, and very needy Central Ohioans.

pm me for mailing address, email me at sandycrochet@gmail.com or visit blog for further details

thank you

Sandy

I have a stack of squares, mostly 8 inches (give or take), that I have received from swaps and various other sources and haven't found the time to use yet. I would love to send them your way to help out a few fellow Ohio residents! Would you like them now or should I hold on to them until Nov?

I have a stack of squares, mostly 8 inches (give or take), that I have received from swaps and various other sources and haven't found the time to use yet. I would love to send them your way to help out a few fellow Ohio residents! Would you like them now or should I hold on to them until Nov?

I'm hoping the bulk of folks hold for those 2 months, but I do have some already so go ahead and forward, it'll help me get my brain in gear to create. Will pm you ady.

Thanks

Sandy

Thanks Sandy, :)

I got your PM and will gather the squares and get them ready to go. I'll let you know here in this thread when I mail. It will be in a week or so (money's a tad bit tight right now but will be back on track soon).

A box is on it's way to you!!!!! Let me know when it arrives.

:cheerIt arrived yesterday, and they are awesome, many thanks for your help with the project, your hats are darling and will not only keep someone warmer, but they'll look at the same time!

Keep an eye peeled on the blog, as I'll get a post ready with picture and get it in que.

:hug

Sandy

Thanks Sandy, :)

I got your PM and will gather the squares and get them ready to go. I'll let you know here in this thread when I mail. It will be in a week or so (money's a tad bit tight right now but will be back on track soon).

:clapFabulous, more help, can't have too much and it's super cool that you're a fellow Ohioan

Sandy

Hi Sandy ~ They'll be in the mail tomorrow. Thanks for letting me help! :manyheart

Arrived, thanks for helping with the plan. Much excitement all the way around:hug

I'm also a helper who knit warm mittens, hats, socs, scarves and other good clothes for homeless persons and women with children in crises centres here in Denmark. We are very good organized in the needlework- and hobby site Rokken.dk (= the spinningwheel).

We are many Danish women who make lots of things for the different shelters, crises centres and other places where the social exposed persons come to get food, a bed to sleep in and other things they need. The staffs distribute the things among their clients.

Thanks for your interest and your help. There are 2 mitten patterns on my blog, one if knitted and one is crocheted. I've not yet tried the knitted one myself but here it is easy. I have used the crocheted one and it is indeed easy. In fact one of our members designed the pattern specifically because so many of us were groaning about finding a good patter.

Many thanks, pm you with my ady:cheer

Yes, that would be fabulous. In fact I was going to designate a month to get that started, so please do send them. They will be put to good use. I'll pm you my ady. thanks Aleah, do you have a blog, if so please send me your url, and or better yet visit the blog and post a comment then I'll have it.

Hugs for the help

Sandy

cool that you've started a blog, let me know when you're ready so I can your url to the blog, and come visiting. I would stay away from white and really light colors, they just show the dirt too much; but beyond that...have at it.

Thanks bunches

Sandy

• 1 month later...

Anyone need a home for their hats, scarves, mittens, slippers, or squares? Please consider warming homeless, it's not possible to have to many pairs of helping hands.

Thanks

Sandy

Archived