No See Finishing Tutorial

Carlinda

"No See" Finishing Tutorial for crocheting in the round.

Learn how to finish your projects in the round without that knot at the end showing on the edge of your work. Useful for beginner or experienced crocheters as well. Lots of photos in the tutorial. This technique itself is not new. However when I learned it was written using a yarn needle. I wanted to show how to do this using the crochet hook instead as I find it easier. I don’t have to go digging for my needle and think that it is easier for beginners to understand. Very useful for clean color changes as well.

Tutorial is shown using my free Bad to the Bone Applique Pattern and can be found here: http://hookhound.blogspot.com/p/hooked-houndspet-patterns.html

Thanks for looking :manyheart

post-41864-1358975771_thumb.jpg

This is how I do my finishing. Isn't it nice? I usually do it with a yarn needle though, because I seem to be more precise that way. Even so, you can get a nice, clean, even stitch with this method and I love it.

Is something wrong with the website? I couldn't see the tutorial on the coaster?

Y.Marie

No there is nothing wrong with the site or the link. As stated in my earlier post I demonstrated the technique using my dog bone decoration. Sorry if I threw you with the other picture.

The technique works for all patterns worked in the round. The example above is just two rounds of a double crochet circle, worked in two colors.

Written only instructions would read like this:

1)Work the last stitch of round.

2) Cut yarn and pull tail through.

3) Insert hook into the second stitch to the left of the last stitch made. This would be the second stitch of your round.

4) Yarn over and draw tail through.

5) Insert hook into the front loop only of the last stitch made.

6) Draw tail through and weave in end as usual.

I hope that helps, if not I would be more than happy to take some pictures using a circle and post them for you.

Maybe its my computer that doesn't let me see somethings. Thank you for posting the pattern for the coaster but I wanted to see how you do the no see finishing.

Y.Marie

Y.Marie,

That was the written instructions for the no see finishing in my second post.

I did not post the pattern for the coaster.

Here it is again.

Written only instructions for the no see finishing, sorry for any confusion :(

1)Work the last stitch of round.

2) Cut yarn and pull tail through.

3) Insert hook into the second stitch to the left of the last stitch made. This would be the second stitch of your round.

4) Yarn over and draw tail through.

5) Insert hook into the front loop only of the last stitch made.

6) Draw tail through and weave in end as usual.

Again hope that helps. Are you able to watch youtube videos? I could do a short video clip this coming weekend if that would help you to figure it out. I do not mind helping a fellow crocheter, as others have helped me in the past.

Archived