Autumn leaves

Apak

I LOVE those!! I love Fall/Autumn, just this morning I bought a "leaf" bowl/candy dish at Walmart. We don't really get Fall here at all. The leaves just kind of dry up and fall off the trees but they don't turn color, or fall off til later... I really miss it. It was my favorite season. :autumn Your leaves are beautiful. I love the variegated threads you used, too. :manyheart

Not that I am aware of. I sat down for a few minutes last night and enlarged the pic and started trying to copy it but that didn't last long because I was watching my granddaughter and so never came back to it. If no one finds it I am going to sit down again soon (at least I hope) and figure it out. Anyone else is welcome to do the same?

Not that I am aware of. I sat down for a few minutes last night and enlarged the pic and started trying to copy it but that didn't last long because I was watching my granddaughter and so never came back to it. If no one finds it I am going to sit down again soon (at least I hope) and figure it out. Anyone else is welcome to do the same?

Just to clarify, it's perfectly all right for individuals to enlarge the photos and try to reverse-engineer the leaves so you can make some for your own personal use. But please don't post or link to a pattern you make that is intended to duplicate this specific leaf, as that would violate our forum guidelines. (I realize nobody's said they intend to do this so far; this is just a reminder.)

If anybody wants to take the basic leaf shape (type of leaf, such as a sugar maple leaf, for example), then sit down with a blank sheet of paper, pencil, yarn, and a hook, and develop their own pattern for a leaf, without making any reference to the photo while doing so, then we can allow that pattern to be posted.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, the original pattern was found posted on a Russian forum. Unfortunately, nearly every forum like that I've run across has contained many, many copyright violations: scanned images of patterns from copyrighted books, magazines, and published patterns that are posted without permission of the copyright owners. Therefore, we're unable to allow links to those sites to be shared, via post, private message, or email to other members.

Your best bet would be to try to locate a used copy of the Russian magazine mentioned earlier in the thread. I do realize that's a pretty difficult thing for most of us to find, but that's the only way I know of to find this particular pattern at this time without worrying about copyright infringement.

Apak, Did you use #10 thread? I wish I could find those colores you found. I love those warm colors varigated colors. But I only see cool colors in stores and on line. And the way I startch some times is if I have any left over hairspray in a pump bottle that I don't like and I can pour it in a boul, I do that and put my doily or snowflake in it its all wet, squeeze out estra and lay out to dry. and the doily smells pretty too.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, the original pattern was found posted on a Russian forum. Unfortunately, nearly every forum like that I've run across has contained many, many copyright violations: scanned images of patterns from copyrighted books, magazines, and published patterns that are posted without permission of the copyright owners. Therefore, we're unable to allow links to those sites to be shared, via post, private message, or email to other members.

Your best bet would be to try to locate a used copy of the Russian magazine mentioned earlier in the thread. I do realize that's a pretty difficult thing for most of us to find, but that's the only way I know of to find this particular pattern at this time without worrying about copyright infringement.

I agree with Amy. I don't use Russian forums even though I learnt Russian in primary school (can you imagine???) and I know their alphabet - I didn't even try to find the link to the pattern as I suppose it wasn't authorised.

The pattern I used and changed a bit is from Polish (not Russian :)) magazine "Sabrina Robótki Extra: Szydełkowe Boże Narodzenie" 4/2008 and here you can see this book on editor's site http://www.bpv.pl/pl/press/15/2008/0/Sabrina_Rob%C3%B3tki_Extra

As I wrote earlier, I made a leaf-tealighter I will show you soon with the next set of my leaves and this is the only pattern I can share, because it was my own invention.

Apak, Did you use #10 thread? I wish I could find those colores you found. I love those warm colors varigated colors. But I only see cool colors in stores and on line. And the way I startch some times is if I have any left over hairspray in a pump bottle that I don't like and I can pour it in a boul, I do that and put my doily or snowflake in it its all wet, squeeze out estra and lay out to dry. and the doily smells pretty too.

I can't tell you the size of thread, because in Europe there is the other way of "measuring" it. For these leaves I used Snehurka thread - it's Czech brand.

ok - I give up.

What's a leaf-tealighter?

:lol It happens when I run out of words... :D A leaf tealighter is a candlestick for tealights (not candles) in a shape of a leaf....

Anyway, you can see the whole leaf set here http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=119917 with coasters, leaf doily and tealighters of course :wink

I've run across this pattern is a number of places, but none of them are sources that could be posted. I think it has been around for a while (not exactly the granny square, but I think it would be hard to trace to a single source).

Since it's more a technique than a pattern, I think it's okay to explain that this pattern is based on the same principle as a round ripple, but you don't finish the rounds--you stop before the "last" point, turn, and go back the other way, so the points grow larger on only one side.

If you know how to make a round ripple, you don't really need a pattern for this.

• 1 month later...

Dear Anna,

last year I found a wonderful butterfly bookmark from you (I guess it was from 2005) which I now wanted to use as wings for a little flower fairy. If you would give me your approval, I would like to offer my pattern for free download on my blog akinna-stisu.blogspot.com.

Would you say yes? Just send me a PM.

Thanks in advance.

Andrea

Archived