Looking for a cetain yarn

neleha

Hello, I am very new to this site/blog and am in need of some help. Let me start by saying that I love to crochet and have been for about 28 years. I started a panel aphghan about 21 years ago and stopped the project because the colors that were used in the pattern just wasnt my taste and at that time couldnt make up my mind what colors I did want and it being on of my first large projects I just sat it aside. I recently picked it back up and made a color choice only to find that I didnt purchase enough of one of the colors to complete the project. I am using a Hobby Lobby brand yarn, "I Love This Yarn" and yes I really love it. It is soft and very pliable and I just love the colors they offer. OK, here is my dilemna.....I went ot purchase another skien of the color #782/Real Blue (it actually looks purple) and YEP ! :eek they discontinued it. I looked on their website with no luck so I thought I would ask the best people to ask....DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND JUST ONE MORE OR 3/4 OF A SKEIN to finish this 20+ year project? Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what I can do. I really, really want to complete this aphgan...It is going to be absolutely gorgeous if I do. I will take a photo of the aphghan as it is on the pattern booklet and you will agree it is beautiful ! ! ! Thanx so much for all your help. and I am glad to become a part of this community. :yarn

Hi , checking now, but I may have a skein for you, one second. Back! GOT ONE!! It's number 782 too! Lemme know, you're welcome to it! Funny thing too, i remember buying it, and it was on clearance, being discontinued, this was just a couple of months ago too! wow, talk about co inky dinks!

I may not have the yarn you are looking for, but I sure would love to see a picture of the afghan that you are making. What pattern are you using?

Hi , checking now, but I may have a skein for you, one second. Back! GOT ONE!! It's number 782 too! Lemme know, you're welcome to it! Funny thing too, i remember buying it, and it was on clearance, being discontinued, this was just a couple of months ago too! wow, talk about co inky dinks!

Katy,

OMG OMG OMGosh ! Yes I want it, just let me know what you need me to do next. I really didnt expect a result so quickly. I will post pics of the project now and when I finish it ! This really was a coinky dink....hehehehe Thanx for letting me know...I think I love ya !

What a wonderful outcome!!! I have never used HL yarns but see so many raves about it. Maybe a store will open by me one day... So glad, neleha, that you can complete your project. :clap

I may not have the yarn you are looking for, but I sure would love to see a picture of the afghan that you are making. What pattern are you using?

Daisy.....here ya go - - -the pink one is of the original pattern and the others are my actual project in progress. Let me know what you think.

post-41927-135897577036_thumb.jpg

post-41927-13589757704_thumb.jpg

post-41927-135897577043_thumb.jpg

Katy,

OMG OMG OMGosh ! Yes I want it, just let me know what you need me to do next. I really didnt expect a result so quickly. I will post pics of the project now and when I finish it ! This really was a coinky dink....hehehehe Thanx for letting me know...I think I love ya !

just pm me your address darlin, and it's yours! Lovely project! Glad to help! All i want in return, is a promise to "pay it forward" with a good deed!;) (just click on my name, and then click on send personal message, never put your address out here on the forum, as it is public, thanks!)

Hi ya, just stopped in to tell Neleha that I am on the way to the post office now with that "782!! forgive the wrapping, i went maybe a bit overboard with the packing tape?? he he he.:woo

awesome news.....cant wait to get it :clap

Hi ya, just stopped in to tell Neleha that I am on the way to the post office now with that "782!! forgive the wrapping, i went maybe a bit overboard with the packing tape?? he he he.:woo

I got it and I am so excited to finish this.....finally. Should be completed by Christmas if not sooner. Thanx again to all that replied and helped me on my quest for the discontinued yarn.... What a great group of crocheters :cheer

just pm me your address darlin, and it's yours! Lovely project! Glad to help! All i want in return, is a promise to "pay it forward" with a good deed!;) (just click on my name, and then click on send personal message, never put your address out here on the forum, as it is public, thanks!)

This is the reason I love the "Ville! You rock! :hug

Neleha, your 'ghan is gorgeous, can't wait to see it finished.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived