Jewelry for charity?

Roxiegirl

perhaps a cancer unit....while they need hats, they also need items that make patients feel beautiful again and raise the spirits; I think a nursing home might not need them, but you could ask; have you tried places that hand out clothes for women returning to the work force; a beauty salon?

Battered women's shelter might be another opportunity. There are also organizations helping women get jobs and helping them with make-up and clothing. Social services might have some outreaches in this category. I think it's a GREAT idea! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

P.S. I also love the idea of seeing someone as you are out and about that looks like they could use a pick-me-up. You never know what they are going through and how a spontaneous gift from a stranger might rejuvenate their thinking!

Great Ideas!! I did think about people with cancer and stuff, I just didn't know where to go. i know there is an orginizatin that gives woman with cancer makeovers I just don't know the name. What I'm wondering about cancer patients is that I have hoop earrings, they are 50 mm wide and I wonder if they would feel funny wearing them without hair?

The hardest thing for me with charity is that they have patterns you have to stick to, I like letting my creativity flow and get bored with the same pattern over and over.

Archived