crochetprincess66

fat bottom purses

Here are a few purses I've made with the fat bottom bag pattern. They are also lined and pockets sewn in.

Kim :princess

post-5988-135897576336_thumb.jpg

post-5988-13589757634_thumb.jpg

post-5988-135897576343_thumb.jpg

post-5988-135897576346_thumb.jpg

Oh, I LOVE them! Especially the b/w one and the pink camo one. Did you do these by the book pattern? I had trouble figuring out the stitch.

Oh, I LOVE them! Especially the b/w one and the pink camo one. Did you do these by the book pattern? I had trouble figuring out the stitch.

Yes I did. The stitch was a hhdc. You yarn over and when you bring the yarn through, you bring it through the first loop and then yo and bring it through the other loops on the hook. I hope that helps, I'm not very good at explaining, but could show you better. I looked on youtube but only found hdc.

Thanks, may have to give it a go again. Just found that stitch to be cumbersome and had "issues" with it :(

Oh how pretty. I can't choose what I like the best, they are all so pretty.:hook

Goodness............they're all sooooo pretty!!

I have 7 or 8 FFB's that need to be lined and the handles added..................let's see, I think that's going on 3 yrs. that I needed to finish these bags!! :eek:lol

Oh my god!! I just love these. Lovely colors and amazing. Good job :)

They are ALL super! I love your color choices.

Beautiful -- all of them!

Great job! I've made several and have several sitting waiting on lining!

My favorite pattern! They are all great but I think I like the blue one best. Great job on all of them :hook

Great job! I've made several and have several sitting waiting on lining!

Just thought I'd add this link for those who said they still have their own FBB to line. It's surprisingly easy with this tutorial: http://crochetkel.blogspot.com/2006/10/sew-you-wanna-line-your-fat-bottom-bag.html

Yes I did. The stitch was a hhdc. You yarn over and when you bring the yarn through, you bring it through the first loop and then yo and bring it through the other loops on the hook. I hope that helps, I'm not very good at explaining, but could show you better. I looked on youtube but only found hdc.

http://www.crochetcabana.com/stitches/stitches-Hhdc.htm I am also working on the FBB for the first time and was having difficulty figuring out this "new" stitch but came across this site while reading your thread.....for those of us newbies to the FBB this may help! I hope my new bag turns out as lovely as yours, princess....might have to ask you for help with the lining....:think

Very nice! I especially like the last one.