Titus2woman

Dishcloth-inspired poncho

I'd been looking for the perfect poncho pattern to match my purple Frances (almost 1yo) this winter, and I had a limited amount of yarn left. I found Bernat's Sweet Poncho through searching free patterns and had the idea of using a different stitch to work up quicker while also using a little less yarn. I decided to go with my favorite Quick Dry Dishcloth and just crochet it to the desired 17" length using an I hook. Here is the result! I am happy with it and have just enough yarn left over for some mittens to match this poncho, her hat, and Mary Jane Skimmers! ~smile~ It just about fits my 4yod as a shorter poncho to the elbows (who wears a 5/6), so I'm thinking about doing it again with a J hook and making it 19". I'd like to make it a bit longer, but that means I hafta do some math... DRATS! LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

ETA multiples of 3 + 5 ??????????

post-15188-135897576298_thumb.jpg

post-15188-135897576304_thumb.jpg

Edited by Titus2woman
  • Like 1

Thanks, y'all! I have just started Hazel's, so I know a multiple of 3 + 5 works for the Quick Dry Dishcloth poncho! (I chose to ch 53.) (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Edited by Titus2woman

Thank y'all!  I should take a pic of Hazel's big one~it turned out to be HUGE and will fit her for a loooong time.  Like into teenager-hood!  LOL!