When someone has a baby...

When a baby blanket is needed, Do you  

52 members have voted

1. 1. When a baby blanket is needed, Do you

• Look through your tried and true patterns and select one of those?
    • Find a brand new pattern to try from your stash?
    • Look through all your patterns and find one that you have made before?
    • Look for a brand new one to try from the internet?

The three baby blankets I've made were all different patterns. Two of those three were going to the same mom, so I definitely wanted to give her two totally different blankets.

I usually do variations of a simple pattern I've already played with. I have four that invite endless color play, so each blanket looks different. I like to start with yarn on hand, but will buy extra if I get a clue as to gender or color preferences for the nursery. I'm working on a new-to-me pattern right now, but like the others, will look different for the next project, so there's no reason for boredom.On the otherhand, I'm constantly looking online for new pattern to try; I like to keep my options open! :crocheting

Depends on how well I know the receipient....I make them so frequently that I usually have a stash of 5 or 6 in various colors sitting on the shelf above the TV, so usually it is...what are you having? (search through the colors, pull out one I think they will like..and hand it over), here, this is for you....

I have a large stash of baby blanket books and when I am bored I get out the yarn stash and look through my books and start a new one....and it gets added to the pile...

Archived