Walmart rolls back RedHeart Super Saver to $2.23

LI Roe

I was just at one of my local Walmarts today and was surprised to see they had rolled back their prices to $2.23 a skein. Of course, it is only 1/2 an aisle of RedHeart and they do have a few (and I mean few) of Lion Brand Homespun. I passed on the RHSS for now at that price but did buy the two RedHeart on clearance for $2.00 each.

The other Walmart near me is undergoing a renovation, they recently had clearanced out some yarn but until they complete the remodeling, it is hard to find things so I may just wait.

LI Roe

i feel your pain about the renovations......i live within 20-30 minutes of at least 5 walmarts .....2 of which have been renovating. talk about mess!

Caught the rollback in time. :clap

Was in WM yesterday for milk and yarn. (Needed a couple of bright yellow for a charity project) And yes, it was $2.23.

I know it's only about a quarter per skein, but those quarters add up. :yay

The 2 Walmarts in my area completed renovations about 2-3 yrs. ago. The yarn is now half an aisle. The yarn looks old, dusty, and pilled. Some have no labels or handwritten labels. All of the yarns are full price; no sales. Prices should be rolled-back to FREE. It's so sad what Walmart has done to their yarn department.

charkitty

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing RH at other stores for up to $3.29/skein, I'll run to Wal-Mart for that $2.23 price! Funny, there was a question on FB recently that asked what makes you buy RH yarn, and I replied when it's on sale between $2-$2.29/skein. Guess they were listening!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was in my local Wal Mart (not a super center one) just yesterday (October 19th). They still had the RHSS at $2.23 so I bought 15 skeins. As if I really needed it. I bought 2 skeins of light blue, 2 skeins of orchid, 2 skeins of light raspberry, 2 skeins of gold, 3 skeins of French Country (varigated of blues and yellows with some white), and 3 skeins of Dress Blues (blue camo). Recently I saw some yarn that Herrschnerr's had on sale and fell in love with the colors. They were named "Strawberry", "Blackberry", and "Blueberry". I really wanted to order them. But to keep from ordering them, I chose to go through my stash. I found that I already had some colors very similar. The RHSS of light raspberry, orchid, and light blue. I had 2 skeins of each of these colors in my stash and added 2 more skeins of these 3 colors yesterday. I keep visualizing a lapghan or shawl or both using these 3 colors as well as an off white. The gold I bought to mix with other colors for hats and scarves. The French Country and Dress Blues I am not sure what I will do with them. I just love the color blue. Plus the French Country has my second favorite color in it - yellow. I really need to stay away from Wal Mart.

Archived