What's on Your hook, right now!

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The season has encouraged me to make something Christmasy so in the evenings I've been crocheting Satin Ornament toppers. I love these elegant thread covers and have several sizes of ornaments that I use. I've also started on a 32" round tablecloth. Since I've finished all my gifts I can now just have fun making a few special things.

Happy stitching.

I FOUND MY LOST YARN! of course in another bag I'd used to haul projects around in. It is Blue Heron rayon metallic (looks like this yarn in someones stash http://www.ravelry.com/people/medcait/stash/rayon-metallic have to be on ravelry)

I am using this pattern.. http://crochetuncut.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=132 Autumn Splendor Wrap

What's on my hook...or hooks in this case, right now?

I have various projects going on at this moment using different hooks, thankfully in different colors as well!

purple H - scrap-ghan with all the balls of leftover SS

yellow H - small hexagons originally meant for a tree skirt but now going to be table topper instead because our new tree is HUGE and I have too many other projects to finish by Christmas.

yellow I - large hexagons put together to resemble a large flower blanket for sis-in-law. using SS brights.

blue K - blanket for m-i-l using Loops and Threads Charisma (love this yarn. love this yarn. just wish it went further per skein).

blue K - scarf for myself made with Debra Norville Serenity Chunky weight (love this yarn too, and again, wish it went further per skein).

I think that's all I have going at the moment. If you don't count all the projects down in the craft room that are waiting for me to someday get back to them.

Love reading this post. I can just imagine all the hooks in progress. I am starting another ghan for charity. Can't wait to finish and post. I do that staring at yarn thing too, but mine is in the yarn stores.......I could stand there and dream for hours.

Ha, me too, most of these people are sooo multi tasking! Im of the mind that maybe one work in progress, and another on the drawing board is about all i can handle, lol. When i really hit a crocheters block, I just sort through my bins, and separate, and inventory, and count, and list, and label! he he he.

Still making baby hats for the hospital, boy they need alot this time of year. Finished the santa stripped ones and now doing blue/white january hats. Will be gone to AZ for two months so want to get enough made so I don't have to send any up while I am gone..

I am on the border of an afghan that is a gift for my son, finishing weaving ends on a striped scarf which also needs fringe, just stuffed my Christmas cards including a crocheted thread ornament. Have completed a couple of kitchen sets. I'm trying not to start anything new until ALL Christmas projects are complete.

I am working on a wrap for myself. it's all in blues and is a combo of free form crochet and the shape of the savannah wrap (maybe, lol)

Here is the piece that will go on the back of my shoulders below my neck.

post-44424-135897606543_thumb.jpg

Which hook? (good question Dobermama!)

Christmas Tree Dishcloths

Towel Toppers

snake scarf

alligator scarf

dishcloth edging and blanket edging

my packages got mailed out as I completed each set this year instead of waitiing until everything was finished for everyone. saved my sanity because every time I mailed something I felt a sense of great accomplishment:)

When I grow up I would like to be one of those people who starts in january and has their Christmas things completed and ready to go by the end of the summer:devil I seem to work better under pressure

• 3 weeks later...

I hear that! In the beginning days of the new year, I have started several projects, all different hooks! Two round ripples, one for Proj Linus probably, and one larger, for dd, a scarf in a pretty blue, oh, and I will post pic of the latest afghan, I just finsihed that yesterday! I"ll photog it tomorrow, and post here! Its a lapghan I guess, as I had a bunch of 6 inch grannys in a bag, and decided to do a project with them .

I am on the border of an afghan that is a gift for my son, finishing weaving ends on a striped scarf which also needs fringe, just stuffed my Christmas cards including a crocheted thread ornament. Have completed a couple of kitchen sets. I'm trying not to start anything new until ALL Christmas projects are complete.

oooh post a pic, would love to see it!! And to everyone, I Would love to see pics of all your projects, even if they're aren't finsihed!!

Just finished Christmas ornaments for next year's tree (hats, scarves, drums, stockings). Currently working on a round ripple for the NICU for 2011 (Kathryn, I'm sorry I didn't get the ones I had finished mailed to you in time for 2010!) And I have plans to use up some scraps to make butterflies for the Holocaust Museum - another post here on the 'Ville.

Right now on my I hook I've got a ripple afghan that has dark brown, tan, sage green and smaller cream stripes. I initially started it to drap off my couch to tie my kitchen and living room together since its a large open space but now I'm debating on if I sell it or keep it or finish it for christmas next year.

On my H hook I've got a piece in limbo out of fishermans wool. Its supposed to be a scarf but may potentially become strips for a lapghan. It depends on how I feel but if it does become the lapghan I'm going to get 2 more skeins of the opposite color.

Shamefully I've still got fiances blanket to finish on a larger hook. I just have no ambition to work on it right now and its been almost a year since I started it. I'm going to try and finish it for his bday(oct) or christmas. Haha id be happy with just getting ambition to finish it.

Right now on my I hook I've got a ripple afghan that has dark brown, tan, sage green and smaller cream stripes. I initially started it to drap off my couch to tie my kitchen and living room together since its a large open space but now I'm debating on if I sell it or keep it or finish it for christmas next year.

On my H hook I've got a piece in limbo out of fishermans wool. Its supposed to be a scarf but may potentially become strips for a lapghan. It depends on how I feel but if it does become the lapghan I'm going to get 2 more skeins of the opposite color.

Shamefully I've still got fiances blanket to finish on a larger hook. I just have no ambition to work on it right now and its been almost a year since I started it. I'm going to try and finish it for his bday(oct) or christmas. Haha id be happy with just getting ambition to finish it.

ha ha, i know how that is, I had the most trouble recently with finishing, or getting even motivated to finish my "from the blue beyond" afghan posted here. I have never experienced such dragging of my fingers? on a project before, glad it's done, it turned out well, so will yours, so don't fret, persevere and you will relish your determination to finish! umm, or not, lol :think

I've got one mini afghan (decorative mainly) that I'm working in blues, browns, and creams for my mother's couch, plus another circular afghan in shades of purple and blue for mine and my husband's bed. The mini-'ghan is almost complete...just another row of triple followed by the final embellishing row of shell stitches. I can't wait til it's done!

I felt myself losing motivation and inspiration, so decided I needed a cause! Found one, right here on the ville for children's hats and scarves, so I have been keeping my hook warm working on a few of those! They are turning out very cute, I will post pics when Im done, I have four scarves made, two of those with matching hats, and will do the hats for the other two or three maybe, and then mail next week! Working for a cause always renews my vigor and creativity, plus, the passing on the good, helps me keep myself grounded, and motivated!

I've been knitting a lot lately but at this exact moment I have started crocheting a wool hat for felting. I've never felted before so... who knows? Kind of exciting, though! I had tried (ahem) to get a knitted sweater from this yarn but simply had frustration upon frustration with it for the longest. I finally threatened to felt the wool and so here I am — crochteting it to felt!

(Honestly there is enough wool for 6 hats probably. The rest may go into placemats or something.)

Archived