What's on Your hook, right now!

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished the Rows of Ruffles dress, all I have to do is weave in some of the remaining ends, so technically I guess that one could still be considered on the hook.

I am working on my third pair of Heather's slippers for my friend, I had made a pair for myself and she loved them, so I decided to make her a pair. They're terrific for wearing in the office because they look so much like a real little shoe with the strap and button!

I don't know what will be after the slippers, but they will be finished sometime tonight so I had better come up with something because when I am in full-on crochet mode, I have GOT to have something to work on or I get street-rat crazy trying to find something! :lol

I am making a lapghan using the diagonal box stitch and various colors of yarn (blues, greens, purples/orchids, pink). I plan to donate it...... hopefully to a fund raiser that is being held for a woman in my area who has cancer and if they don't want it, then my church has a knitting club (which they are going to add crochet) to which I can donate it too. They are making lapghans for people in wheel chairs right now.

Katy, what a wonderful idea to make that ghan for you and your best friend. That is so special.

sharon, thanks, she knows nothing about crochetville, so I felt secure in posting a pic! I have been making progress, it now is 5 rows by 7, and working on 6, then I don't know if Ill continue the flower squares, or start going round and round with same colors as in the squares for a giant rec. granny? Well, Ill decide all that later, lol

Criddy, good deal, you are busy, im curious as to these aforementioned "Pouches" though, got a pic, lol ANd kitties love yarn, and warmies to sleep on, I have three!

Elle, you are another talented slipper maker huh, lol Good going, nice gift for your friend, Heather's slippers are the best around! And I know that feeling well, i hate it when i am inbetween projects, i sit there, thinking, what can i make next! Drives me bonkers!

All of your pics and projects are amazing, thanks for inspiring me and spurring me on. Would love to see the snowflake afghan, and that round ripple is precious! the Flower pin is gorgeous too. nice job everyone!

Uh-oh! um...which hook? On which table? (the table with 4 projects started, and two in baskets underneath that table?) In which room? Oh, dear, I really should keep my drapes closed!

I must have 8 or so shawls in progress, as I play with the yarn I want to make it from, and if it looks good, I just keep it in progress. With so many, I have some for 'tv' which are pretty simple, and some for days when I'm feeling pretty 'smart' and only have to frog two or three times to get it right, and then........well, you get the idea!

Uh-oh! um...which hook? On which table? (the table with 4 projects started, and two in baskets underneath that table?) In which room? Oh, dear, I really should keep my drapes closed!

I must have 8 or so shawls in progress, as I play with the yarn I want to make it from, and if it looks good, I just keep it in progress. With so many, I have some for 'tv' which are pretty simple, and some for days when I'm feeling pretty 'smart' and only have to frog two or three

times to get it right, and then........well, you get the idea!

Uh yeah, that's what I meant, LOL! thanks for the grins and giggles!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreenyBeanie View Post

I petted that yarn not long ago at Michaels. I kept walking past it trying to think of what I could make with it so i could justify buying it. Now I know!!

Quote:

This is really a soft and pettable yarn! LOL! I'll let you know how it turns out!

Jeanne

Just an update. Most of the yarn I purchased for this (Sensations BeauJingles) is turning out to be the worst stuff I've ever used! I'm going to write a letter or e-mail to Joann's to complain. The first skein wasn't too bad, but subsequent skeins are turning out to have single strands of the 3 or 4 ply threads broken all throughout the yarn! The wrap I'm making is turning out to be junk - it looks like it's been through the wringer already, because of all the little broken strands throughout my work. I'll finish it, but I'm not taking it on the cruise. I'll have to see if I can get some photos of it.

If you've already purchased this yarn, run - don't walk - back to Joann's to return it.

What's on the hook(s)?

Q - a nice puffy shawl made of Red Heart Light -n- Lofty, a simple triangle because you can't really see the stitches in this plus-sized Homespun pretender.

H - a lightweight blanket for hubby in Simply soft

F - a Maia shawl, shelved for the moment because it's evident that it won't get finished before it's too cold to wear it. I'll finish it over the winter and wear it in the spring.

#9 steel - a pineapple hatband adapted from a bookmark pattern. I take this to work and work on it while waiting for computers to reboot and software to install.

Not on a hook yet - a hat, scarf and fingerless glove set for myself to go with my new winter coat, a couple more cotton shopping bags, and some nifty fun fur that I really want to mess with but have no idea what to make.

no pic as yet ,but i am just over half way through a blanket for my nephew, he asked me to make him a blanket for his MG car, he wanted the MG logo on it , its in white and marroon,i just found the MG logo online and put it into http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/ i am making it in half trebles for the background which is white ,and popcorn stitch for the logo in marroon, his car is in the same colours.

i will post pic when finished :)

I've been working on trying to figure out the right length/width for the Solomon's Knot shawl. I've made 2 so far, this one is the latest. I've been working with a K hook for these. I hope to make these for gifts soon.

post-39397-135897577115_thumb.jpg

On the hook for the most part I have this graphghan for my best friend that is a surprise gift... has to be done in about 2 weeks and I just can not seem to find it in myself to get it done! Today I plan to knock out another at least 20-40 rows on it though which will make me feel better...

I also have my "to-go" project which is granny square Christmas stockings... super easy to make and very fast. I am almost thinking these will be tabled though because I am not liking this batch of yarn at all... it is RHSS yarn but I think it was the back of the back stash they had or something because it is super fuzzy and just does not look good at all... Good thing I only have centers done and I will save them for something I suppose. Maybe I will order some Christmas sparkly yarn and restart this one ;)

I also have about 4 more ghans and numerous other little projects to get done before Christmas with a list that keeps growing!!!!

Love the pictures of everyone's works in progress and finished pieces! It is great to be some place we can share!

btw Is that flowr pattern one you can share? if not what book is it in so I can look for it.. I love that. I"m doing the daisy square for my girls. but that is agreat idea to do a blanket for my bff

in reply, nope, not a pattern, sometimes I just sit down, and start crocheting, and I swear my beloved gramma;s spirit just takes over my hook and i Create, much to my own surprise! I will try to write it out for you soon, work is progressing, but not nearly as quickly as I would like it too, which for some reason, i find very predictable in larger works, lol Ok, im off, checking out some wish lists,there's gotta be someone out there, that could use something I've got! :yes thanks for the question! :manyheart

I'm focusing completely on finishing a baby blanket...my best friend is due in a little less than 4 weeks and I'm only about halfway done with the blanket, and I still need to work up some bibs and burp cloths after that!

• 2 weeks later...
no pic as yet ,but i am just over half way through a blanket for my nephew, he asked me to make him a blanket for his MG car, he wanted the MG logo on it , its in white and marroon,i just found the MG logo online and put it into http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/ i am making it in half trebles for the background which is white ,and popcorn stitch for the logo in marroon, his car is in the same colours.

i will post pic when finished :)

its finished now, and in the afghan thread

On my hook at the moment is an adaptation of the caron alphabet blanket, the alphabet chart inspired me ,but i am doing it a bit different .

Instead of doing 139 chain to start, i am only doing 85 chain , so the letters will be closer together, and i am leaving the popcorn stitches out which make it look like squares, so no squares .

also i am working 2 threads togeather in separate colours and when i get to the letter i will only do the popcorn stitch with one colour ,so it will hopefully stand out even more

Let's see:

1) scrap afghan (I keep all of my scrap yarn in a tub, and when I feel like working on something different, I do that)

2)fall lap afghan ( I just bought some cool variegated fall colors yarn at a thrift store. I keep that by my bed to work on while watching tv before hitting some zzzz's)

3)during the day, while my kids and daycare kids are napping I work on quick projects. Bucket hats, dishcloths, water bottle holder, etc.

Archived