What's on Your hook, right now!

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I felt myself losing motivation and inspiration, so decided I needed a cause! Found one, right here on the ville for children's hats and scarves, so I have been keeping my hook warm working on a few of those! They are turning out very cute, I will post pics when Im done, I have four scarves made, two of those with matching hats, and will do the hats for the other two or three maybe, and then mail next week! Working for a cause always renews my vigor and creativity, plus, the passing on the good, helps me keep myself grounded, and motivated!

Totally agree. Most of what I make goes to a charity group (see my siggy line). Love knowing that my hook and yarn can put a smile on someone's face and lift their spirits. Keep up the crocheting!!

I am cursed as so many of us crocheters/knitters/artists are: I have too many ideas and starts and stops and don't have enough hours in the day to work, keep up with daily activities, and then crochet. How will I ever have time to learn how to knit?! LOL. Currently I am working on a lap throw for my stepmom (picture included), a Hello Kitty amigurumi, a scarflett, soccasins (2 pairs), a scarf, two afghans, and a few other items I can't think of at this time. "Cursed" seems too strong a word, but I can't call up a less hostile term. Any help? ;)

post-44469-135897617469_thumb.jpg

I am cursed as so many of us crocheters/knitters/artists are: I have too many ideas and starts and stops and don't have enough hours in the day to work, keep up with daily activities, and then crochet. How will I ever have time to learn how to knit?! LOL. Currently I am working on a lap throw for my stepmom (picture included), a Hello Kitty amigurumi, a scarflett, soccasins (2 pairs), a scarf, two afghans, and a few other items I can't think of at this time. "Cursed" seems too strong a word, but I can't call up a less hostile term. Any help? ;)

creativly blessed?;)

Well, kind of took me a siesta after doing so much for Christmas!! :lol

I now have an afghan I'm doing for my DIL. She requested one in black and white with an "L" in the middle. So...I drew a graph and did a large square with and "L" and now I"m winging the rest!! Also got a couple of squares going on.

Love it! LOL. Thanks :)
welcome!

where' Ill stop, no one knows!! tee hee!

oh,I have got a round ripple on my J hook right now, at first didn't care for it much, it is made of mostly smaller balls and skeins from my scrap bin, but now, I think it's getting to look better, lol and no idea if it will become a full sized one or a baby afg, for project linus, (there is a local shop up the street a mile or two , a collector for Proj. Linus its mostly a quilting supply store, but they are always happy to take anything for P. Linus.) or give it to some other chairity locally yet, depends on if I run out of yarn,,,,,*(like that would happen!) lol here's a pic, I wish more people would post pics, i love the pics! In the pic, what looks like black, is actually a hunter green, Just So Ya Know! lol

[ATTACH]33544[/ATTACH]

Totally agree. Most of what I make goes to a charity group (see my siggy line). Love knowing that my hook and yarn can put a smile on someone's face and lift their spirits. Keep up the crocheting!!

hi jana, i went to elementary school with a Jana, not a real common name, have you ever been in Ralston maybe when you were younger?? Just a shot in the dark, won't know, until ya ask, kinda thing !!

hi jana, i went to elementary school with a Jana, not a real common name, have you ever been in Ralston maybe when you were younger?? Just a shot in the dark, won't know, until ya ask, kinda thing !!

Nope - sorry. Born and semi-raised in Buffalo. Moved to FL when I was 12. But we can say we know each other :):hi

Nothing! No crochet projects. Only knitting ones! A sweater, and some booties. This doesn't happen too many times around here. :lol I usually have a crochet project or two going on also.

:manyheart

A white hooded baby afghan to go to the abused women's and children's shelter near me. Off the hooks (done) and across the room are the two baby afghans, taunting me that "Nyah-a-nyah-nyah, we haven't been mailed yet!" and another saying, "Wash me, wash me, before you give me to the shelter!" Don't you just hate talking projects? Although sometimes it's helpful, as in, "Not that color!" "The N is better than the J, don't you think? Besides, if you use that, you can start on that scarf sooner." "Surely there's time for ____________ more row(s)."

A white hooded baby afghan to go to the abused women's and children's shelter near me. Off the hooks (done) and across the room are the two baby afghans, taunting me that "Nyah-a-nyah-nyah, we haven't been mailed yet!" and another saying, "Wash me, wash me, before you give me to the shelter!" Don't you just hate talking projects? Although sometimes it's helpful, as in, "Not that color!" "The N is better than the J, don't you think? Besides, if you use that, you can start on that scarf sooner." "Surely there's time for ____________ more row(s)."

And to think..I thought I was the only one hearing voices from the many colors of yarn down the hall. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Too funny, I too thought it was just me! Silly that, huh! Sometimes I get complimented too though and sometimes even from the hook, or the yarn as well! , so it all evens out....Ohhhhh that yarn feels good on me," and from my scrap balls basket, "PICK ME PICK ME!" lol good times huh ladies!

I'm currently working on a doily. I have a baby afghan that I started before Christmas for something to do, but haven't worked on it in awhile, really should get back at it though.

Archived