ok since you asked nicely......

a serious answer for you....

on my J hook YARN.....

on my 00 hook THREAD......

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:D

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok,time to update. My current project is to use up my last years stash of some left over Christmas type yarns. Ok, so I needed a stash buster.....Thinking..........oh hey, i can do another afghan, not everyone on my list is covered quite yet, no pun intended! So off I went, hook in hand. Here's what I came up with so far...

I started off with about 8 six inch grannys', with that whirly flower center, then flat braided them togehter, in two rows, of four long, two wide, thus this begins the rectangle shape i wanted my afghan to be in.

Next, I just started grabbing from my last years Christmas yarns, It's getting now, pretty far around those outer edges, lol but Im hanging in. Oh, and of course, had to go buy more Sparkle ILTY!! Ain't that the way it always is! lol alls well that ends well, and when i get it done, Ill do a finsihed pic! enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just finished 44 mini scarves to go on the 44 stuffed bears I sewed up for my moms' Alzheimers unit in the assisted living facility where she resides. Finished two join as you go pillows to match the afghan, also in join as you go, for my friends nephew and niece. Am working on another join as you go for one of the girls who works the concierge desk at my moms place. Then have two more afghans to do for others.

In between, working on scarves and hats for charity. Have two boxes of afghans to be delivered after Thanksgiving.

LI Roe

Goodness gracious, what a bundle of energy you all are!!!!! I am tremendously impressed and sure wish you could zip me a little of that ambition. I'm still working on the Shawl from Caron's 12 days of Christmas. When I get tired of that I crochet a scarf or two. Nothing too big on my hook right now. Too much Christmas stuff to get through.

Oh my! Glad I stopped in, you all give me motivation to work on something. I am taking a little break from x-mas gifts, but think I should make one more set of fingerless gloves. What an inspiration ya all are!

hugs n squishes!

Nothing! I've got a sweater on Knitting needles that I have to finish soon. Then I can start crocheting again!

:manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

To the beginning post of this thread, the daisy/sunflower afghan has been received via UPS, and heard from recipient today! She is saving it under her tree for Christmas! ackkkkk drat, I was hoping to get her reaction as she opened it, but I could not talk her into it, lol. She will be enjoying that present soon, i can't wait! well, just wanted to let you all know! You all have been soooo busy, and as said, such an inspiration! I always wanted to do a homecoming poncho, but would never wear it, I have a poncho I made and have yet to wear it, lol Maybe an idea for a giveaway, you never know! Well, just a note, i hope to hear soon,(after Christmas now) if she loved it!

Archived