Bike Chain Hat and Scarf--Free Pattern Included

Roli

I developed a stitch recently that I have been using in designing a car coat. I am sure that this stitch is not original but I have decided to call it the "bike chain pattern". My car coat is about half finished but it will take me some time yet to get it just right. In the meantime, I thought I'd make up a scarf and hat for Paul. This pattern is very rugged looking and is perfect for any male accessories. The texture traps air and makes for a particularly warm garment. I used Paton's Classic Wool in dark grey because I happened to have a few skeins hanging around and it went well with the bike chain theme. In addition, this is a very easy pattern to do. It only took me four evenings to make both the hat and the scarf. Alternately, this set would work well for the ladies too. A bright color yarn will really make those textured stitches stand out! The pattern for both is at my blog, Wolf Crochet.

post-2917-135897575719_thumb.jpg

Very nice Roli!! I have a question about this line though

Ch 93. Dc into 2nd ch from hook and into ea ch across. Ch 1, turn. (191 dc)

Should that be 91 DC at the end of Row 2?

Thanks for sharing the pattern!!!

Very nice Roli!! I have a question about this line though

Ch 93. Dc into 2nd ch from hook and into ea ch across. Ch 1, turn. (191 dc)

Should that be 91 DC at the end of Row 2?

Thanks for sharing the pattern!!!

Yipes! You're right! Leave it to my C'ville cronies to pick up on my mistakes! Thank you so much. It really should be 191 so I will change the pattern. Please let me know if anything else jumps out at you. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Your car coat is turning out beautiful. The hat and scarf pattern is perfect for what I want to make for DH as a secret Christmas gift. I can work on it a little bit at a time each night after he goes to bed. :hook

Many thanks for sharing!

• 7 months later...

I LOVE the sheen on the gray yarn you used. Thanks for sharing the pattern, I have had a really hard time finding edgy crochet styles for myself. I LOVE this!!!

Archived