Beehive Craft Caddy

Tampa Doll

I was in the kit swap and along with a kit and everything you needed to make the kit, we had to make or buy something to put it in.

I make totes every month and my partner happened to have one of these totes, so I wanted to make something different.

The first thing that came to mind was this.post-105-135897575653_thumb.jpg It is a hard plastic container that Tampa Guy drilled holes in to put my yarn thru.

Then I thought nah, I wanted something unique. Then it hit me:idea, I have a pattern for a Craft Caddy Beehive. That's it. Now I added the butterflies, but it is basiclly the pattern. Oh and the butterflies are suppose to be on the end of knitting needles, but I put them on the caddy instead.

My partner now has the caddy and likes it, so I thought I would show it to you all.

post-105-135897575655_thumb.jpg open and closed

post-105-135897575647_thumb.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a beautiful Tote and so very special I just love it.. Hubby thinks its the cutest thing.. and 20 yr eyed she thinks its adorable.

Thank you again for being a fabulous partner.

PS> I adore Tampa Guy's tote... hmm I think I have a drill.

I searched online and it appears to be from Annie's Attic but I am sure Tampa Doll would have more info !!

I love that caddy. Do you remember where you bought the pattern? I've never seen anything like it and I must own one! :D

I just checked out the swap section and saw kidget's photos. Everyone is getting such nice stuff:clap! :cheerI love the beehive caddy you made kidget. It's different. I'm wondering how big is it and where you got the pattern from? Was it hard finding the right size container to fit your crocheted piece around? Anyway, awesome job:)

Thank you all, I do love making unusual things sometimes.

The caddy is 12" across and 13 1/2" high. It is not made around a container. You make the indise, then when you make the outside, you stuff it with stuffing. I usually use the stuff they use at the hair dressers when you get a perm. It is wrapped around 3 times each row.

The butterflies are the ones APAK makes. I added them to the caddy.

It is Annie"s Attic Craft Caddy. They no longer carry it, but I am sure it can be found.

Archived