Sunflower Scrubbie

beckyb

I did some of these up the other day and thought I would write it up and share it with ya all :)

If you find any errors or something that doesn't make sense, pm me so I can fix or clarify. Thanks (sorry for the pic, from my cell phone)

post-28494-135897574298_thumb.jpg

post-28494-135897574308_thumb.jpg

SUNFLOWER SCRUBBIE

Materials needed

Cotton worsted wt.
( I used Sugar n Cream warm brown, yellow and sage green and Lion Brand mustard)

H (5.00 mm)hook

Stitch marker

Yarn needle

1 non-stick scrubber

Color A brown
Color B mustard
Color C yellow
Color D green

Instructions

With color A
(mark your first stitch in each round with stitch marker)

1- Make magic circle (or chain 2) do 6 sc (6

2- 2 sc in each sc (12sc

3- *2 sc in first sc, sc in next, repeat from * around (18 sc

4- *2 sc in first sc, sc in next 2, repeat from * around (24 sc

5- sc in next 2 sc, *2 sc in next, sc in next 3, repeat from * around, ending with 1sc (30sc

6- sc in first sc, *2 sc in next, sc in next 4, repeat from * around, ending with 3 sc (36 sc

Slip stitch into first stitch and f/o.

7- with Color B, join in any stitch with slip stitch, hdc in same and hdc around (36 hdc
Join with slip stitch in top of first hdc made and f/o

8- with Color C, working in front loops, join with slip stitch, skip next stitch,* in next stitch [hdc, dc, tr, chain 2, sl st in back rib of first chain made, tr, dc, hdc] (first petal made), skip next stitch, sl st in next, repeat from * around (you should have 9 petals) sl st in same as joining sl st. ( do NOT finish off yet)

9- In back loops, sl st in first 2 stitches behind petal ( the 2nd sl st should be directly behind the petal stitch) , skip next stitch, in next stitch (which should be directly behind your sl sts in previous row)* [ hdc, dc, tr, chain 3, sl st in back rib of first chain made, tr, dc, hdc] (back petal made), skip next stitch, repeat from * around ( 9 petals ),
sl st in same st as beginning sl st. F/O leaving tail to sew to scrubbie.

Leaves (make 2, optional)

With color D

1- Chain 9, dc in 3rd chain from hook, dc in next, hdc in next 3, sc in next, 3 sc in last, working on opposite side of chain, sc, hdc in next 3, dc in next 3

2- Chain 3, turn, 2 dc in next, dc in next, hdc in next 3, sc I n next 4, chain 3, sl st in back rib of first chain made, sc in same st as last sc, sc in next 3, hdc in next 3, dc in next 2, 2 dc in last. F/O leaving tail to sew to scrubbie

Sew flower to scrubbie, sew leaves to scrubbie, and your done! Enjoy!!

This is my original design. Feel free to make as many as you like for gifts or to sell but give credit to me as the designer. Please don’t sell the pattern or claim it as your own. Thank you
Becky Bangert 2010

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, I have made 4 or 5 of these little cuties so far. I bought some more cotton today to make more. They are so fun and satisfying to make!

Also, I love the fact that the front is perfect for scrubbing dishes and the back is perfect for washing tables.

Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful pattern with everyone!!

• 1 month later...

Archived