Roll-up Crochet Hook Cases (with "pattern")

freckles896

I made the striped one for my mother after she said she liked the one I had made for myself (the green one with the hooks is mine). It just rolls up with the hooks in it for easy storage and rolls out for easy access to hooks. Thanks for looking.

I don't really have a pattern. I just cut out 2 layers of fabric 18 inches x 12 inches. With right sides together, I sewed all the way around leaving a small hole to turn it right side out. Once right side out, I sewed the hole closed and continued the seam all the way around. Next, with the 18 inch side going across left to right, I folded the bottom up 5 inches and sewed around the outer edge leaving the top open for putting the hooks in. Once the outer edge is sewn down, I made the hook pockets by making a seam every 3/4 inch the whole length of the pocket area. (The size of the hook pockets can vary to accomodate your hooks or needs. )

I hope this helps.

post-33107-135897573662_thumb.jpg

post-33107-135897573665_thumb.jpg

I don't really have a pattern. I just cut out 2 layers of fabric 18 inches x 12 inches. With right sides together, I sewed all the way around leaving a small hole to turn it right side out. Once right side out, I sewed the hole closed and continued the seam all the way around. Next, with the 18 inch side going across left to right, I folded the bottom up 5 inches and sewed around the outer edge leaving the top open for putting the hooks in. Once the outer edge is sewn down, I made the hook pockets by making a seam every 3/4 inch the whole length of the pocket area. (The size of the hook pockets can vary to accomodate your hooks or needs. )

I hope this helps.

I hope this helps.

You can also take ribbon and sew it to one side of the hook case, this way you can you can secure your hooks in there after you roll it up.

Thank you for the idea. I always need to figure out creative ways of storing things like crochet hooks, pens and eyeglasses due to having a crazy kitty in the house :)

I have plenty of fabric to use and a sewing machine that I got for Christmas so this would be a great simple project. I could probably store pens in something like that too :)

Archived