hhensler

This is a great pattern, much easier than you would think from looking at the beautiful slippers it produces. I encourage you to try it. Since the slippers are made in steps, you can easily make two slippers the same.

You know, you hit the nail right on the head, that's my problem I think, well, one of them, besides being slipperphobic, I can NEVER no matter how I try, make TWO the exact same! I never thought of doing them both, each step together! duh, maybe there is hope for me yet! Thanks for the help, and for the great pics and instructions Heather! :clap

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I edited my first slipper instructions to include some things I left out I'm glad I have you all to help, or my "pattern" would be a complete mess! I'm terrible at explaining things.

Let's see, where did we stop...oh ya - it's time to sew up that side seam.

Fold your rectangle in half, ridges together. As you sew, you will be working up the side, not across the ends. This makes the sewing a little more complicated. Be sure not to sew around the entire stitch, instead, catch individual loops of the stitches with your needle (see pic) I've used a contrasting color to help you see a bit better...

[ATTACH]26835[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26836[/ATTACH]

As you can see, my sewing is not perfect, and you shouldn't worry about yours being perfect either. Since you will be using the same color as your slipper - your stitches are not going to show. Once you get the side sewn all the way, cut your yarn and weave in your ends. Turn the piece ridges side out.

Let's try it on...the seam goes under your toes, and it should look something like this:

<--- Is there a picture missing here??

You know, you hit the nail right on the head, that's my problem I think, well, one of them, besides being slipperphobic, I can NEVER no matter how I try, make TWO the exact same! I never thought of doing them both, each step together! duh, maybe there is hope for me yet! Thanks for the help, and for the great pics and instructions Heather! :clap

I hit the nail on the head, because I have a terrible time making two items the same too. With these slippers I did both slippers at the same time, a step at a time.

it took me forever it seems but i finally won the battle of the first slipper! although not completely finished I DID IT!!! :cheer:clap:yay

I've finished my first pair of many of these slippers. Wish I could post a pic. They turned out great!!!!!! I made them bright pruple with white sparkle trim, medalion and purple button. Very cute!!!!!! Thanks so much for the pattern. :manyheart

i had originally made a pair of these in a cotton P&C yarn decided i didnt like the way they turned out so am going to remake them :(

BUT.now that i know what im doing i can whip them out like crazy...providing i can craw through my yarn stash and find the right colors.......not hard when your stash is HUGE :D

anyway somehow or other i just checked a list id started of who wants what and i have 17 pair to make now....just as soon as i find out what size someone wears :think

better get to getting!:crocheting:yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn

• 4 weeks later...

[attach]29821[/attach]

this is what ive been working on lately. the multicolored is the toe. followed by motif, footbed in progress, followed by slipper almost complete! ive got a box of toes that are WIPs and im going to do the straps a tad different than the original pattern but i just wanted to show off my progress.........

please excuse the messy desk, as a messy desk in my opinion is the fine works of a hooker

post-39211-135897592392_thumb.jpg

when i get finished with all the slippers in progress i will take a collective pic of each slipper color combo i came up with.....fair warning yall may need shades!:D

• 1 month later...

Well how happy was I to see that your pattern is posted!:cheer (don't mine me, I'm back here after a few years and trying to catch up a little!)

You make a very detailed tutorial, I appreciate the effort that went into that! I'm going to make a pair very soon and I really do :ty for sharing your pattern. I like the black version too! Now I need to choose what color yarn for mine!

• 10 months later...

Archived